R142 7 Train! Seriously!

Sea Beach

The background is too dead for a recording. Good stuff though. I think you messed up when you was announcing the (7) part. It sounded as if you said (4) train.

Announcing express or local on the recordings is also a must on the (7) (especially where this announcement would have been, at Main Street), conspicuously absent from this sound byte. Again, nice try.

What the...? Where was that?! I mean all R142/A's are programed for the (7)<7>. I say this was in a yard.

This isnt my video,I just found it.

Ahhh, but the interior digital sign wouldn't say "Flushing EXP" would it? Nice try.

This isnt my video,I just found it. Its not an april fools prank. And how can it be a prank,you heard the announcement.

Also, I saw that pic and anouncement from Transit Spot. It was taken by G1Ravage or whatever his name was. This was probably in a yard.

ohhh,thanks for the info. you see,its not a prank.

The background is too dead for a recording. Good stuff though. I think you messed up when you was announcing the (7) part. It sounded as if you said (4) train.

This isnt my video,I just found it.

Some of my A Div friends been telling me they going to put R142A's on the (7)<7> since they can put CBTC Equipment on those trains. So (4)(6) Lines may get R62A's back on the line.

The (4) is fine with its R142/A's. It also has some R62's. The (5) cannot use R62A's because it swaps cars with the (2). If R142A's want to go to the (7), I would say the (6).

Ahhh, but the interior digital sign wouldn't say "Flushing EXP" would it? Nice try.

Have you noticed that when a train starts it's program, the FIRST thing it displays are the side LED signs on the interior one? For example:

(4) from Utica, conductor starts the program:

(4) Woodlawn

(4) Eastern Pkwy EXP

(4) Lexington Av EXP

the announcement comes on, then this displays:

(4) Woodlawn

(4) The Next Stop Is

(4) Franklin Av

(4) 7:10 AM

Nice video, I remember it.

Most of you are obviously unaware of the (7) line testing of a modified R142 capable of operating on the CBTC being installed on the line. This equipment will be a new contract order for A Division. The new designation will be R 188 and is in the initial stages of developement. The modified R142 is a test bed for this new equipment. Didn't anyone notice the new facilities at Corona Yard? What about all the new signals and major G.O's that have been running?

Most of you are obviously unaware of the (7) line testing of a modified R142 capable of operating on the CBTC being installed on the line. This equipment will be a new contract order for A Division. The new designation will be R 188 and is in the initial stages of developement. The modified R142 is a test bed for this new equipment. Didn't anyone notice the new facilities at Corona Yard? What about all the new signals and major G.O's that have been running?

Where did you heard this? And where is this modified R142 test bed?

My theory...

Vinster, I know you found it... but it was a prank done by the creator, I believe.

I suppose a member of the train crew programmed a R142 to the 7 route, shot a picture of this and recorded the announcements. And then made a video out of this.

Yeah, I heard many reports about the 7 getting CBTC.

Some of my A Div friends been telling me they going to put R142A's on the (7)<7> since they can put CBTC Equipment on those trains. So (4)(6) Lines may get R62A's back on the line.

I already told them this along time ago, when we were first told about the R188 last year. I also told them on here, I was already told by a (6) line TSS, that the (7) is suppose to get the R142A from the (6), and the (6) will get the R62A from the (7). I was told this, and told them here a few weeks ago. Obviously, as you can see, some of the employees who tell this stuff must not know what they are talking about, as some of our fellow posters seem to know more about what is going on that we do........

The (4) is fine with its R142/A's. It also has some R62's. The (5) cannot use R62A's because it swaps cars with the (2). If R142A's want to go to the (7), I would say the (6).

I said it before, there are no more R62 on the (4) line. They have been given to the (3) line, and the 2 R62As that were on the (3), one was given to 240yd, and the other is at Mosholu for the (S). I am an East Side T/O, so if they were there, I would have seen them. They are gone........

On the inside? Don't think so.

And where is the "testbed"? Haven't seen it on the line at all.

It can say the trunk line destination (including lcl/exp) on the interior signs, see my above post for the details. It was tested quite a while back, about 6 years ago I think. Wouldn't see a current picture of it nowadays.

Archived