Garbage Train at Union Turnpike

MattTrain

nice shots, to bad there wasnt an R33 with em =\

No, I've never seen a R33 nor a R36 world's fair attached to garbage train cars before. Thank you, I actually thought I saw a R62 train on the (E) and thought it was in service because it was on the express track, well I was fooled.

I just got one question for you, was it stinky? or stinky stinky?

The garbage train smelled really awful because I was actually taking a peek at the garbage train. This was the closest I was to a garbage train ever. Standing in the middle of the platform,however I hardly smelled anything. I walked away from the garbage train when a few workers checked out the garbage train. The R127 train left a half hour later when I took the photos.

Nice pic, I've seen it many times on the 4 line.

The R127/130 cars are actually built to IRT specifications, of course that's why you've see it on the (4). I've seen those usually on the (F) and (Q). Thanks for your comment. :P

:cool:

Nice shots, complete with the HOJO tags. I think HOJO is a track worker, you see that tag in a lot of tunnels and its usually made in marking paint.

Thank you, the tags I didn't realized I photographed. Honestly I'm not even sure what those tags meant, maybe for work service, but thank you for pointing that out.

Nice Shots!

Thank you very much.

You are somewhat wrong. The R127/R134's are left over car bodies from the R62 order.

The R130 is a redesiginated R110A.

We can debate about this R127 work car left over from the R62 car order.

Nice stuff of the modified R-62 (r-127/r-130), B)!

Thanks a lot, buddy.

You are somewhat wrong. The R127/R134's are left over car bodies from the R62 order.

The R130 is a redesiginated R110A.

*Annoyed* Well in general, they are of the same design. No? Just that the R127 is modified from its passenger counterparts.

MTR is completely right. The R127/134 were based on the R62, not left over from the order... otherwise, they'd have three doors on the side, etc.

You may be thinking of the R65 pump cars. They were leftovers from the R62 order.

And, the contract number for the R110A was R130... it's not a redesignation.

*Annoyed* Well in general, they are of the same design. No? Just that the R127 is modified from its passenger counterparts.

MTR is completely right. The R127/134 were based on the R62, not left over from the order... otherwise, they'd have three doors on the side, etc.

You may be thinking of the R65 pump cars. They were leftovers from the R62 order.

And, the contract number for the R110A was R130... it's not a redesignation.

You two have some valid points here. The R127 is based on the R62 subway car series. It is fine for people to have some inaccurate information we're all here to learn about subway cars, hehe

great pics there!,ive caught the R127 a couple times @ queen blvd. and a R40s.

Thanks a lot, most of the time I see these cars they're moving very fast along stations, for me this is the first time I've ever seen this type of train sitting in a station so I decided to photograph it. :(

That's gonna be the (G) train if Albany doesn't bail out the MTA...

LOL.

Well, the G is already damned, I don't see why people have to make these mock funerals a few months ago. Let me say to them: YOU'RE LATE! The G hasn't been running along the Queens Blvd Line during its proper times for at least 2 years. And during those two years, only during several occasions does the G actually extend from its shell to Forest Hills. The G runs to Forest Hills on paper, for at least 2 years. They should polish the tombstone instead.

Thanks a lot, most of the time I see these cars they're moving very fast along stations, for me this is the first time I've ever seen this type of train sitting in a station so I decided to photograph it. B)

I saw one once in, i believe, 71/Continental, sitting there for a long while. There was a local train coming up behind them in a few minutes so someone leaned out of the car and yelled for the guys to hurry up.

I saw one once in, i believe, 71/Continental, sitting there for a long while. There was a local train coming up behind them in a few minutes so someone leaned out of the car and yelled for the guys to hurry up.

That is an interesting fact. Yep, you have one fun example with train crews telling each other to move fast and pick up the garbage. The garbage trains I've seen R40 slant cars, R40 Modified cars are used, and even some R33 and R36 cars (IRT Redbirds) are being used to move the garbage cars. I believe the train crews pick up these garbage every day, but I don't think they'd serve the same line every day.

That is an interesting fact. Yep, you have one fun example with train crews telling each other to move fast and pick up the garbage. The garbage trains I've seen R40 slant cars, R40 Modified cars are used, and even some R33 and R36 cars (IRT Redbirds) are being used to move the garbage cars. I believe the train crews pick up these garbage every day, but I don't think they'd serve the same line every day.

Strangely enough, I've only seen garbage trains that have the R127/134s on them. Never seen a slant garbage train, or any other (ex-)revenue car for that matter.

Strangely enough, I've only seen garbage trains that have the R127/134s on them. Never seen a slant garbage train, or any other (ex-)revenue car for that matter.

Oh, I did see a R40/40M cars carry garbage cars, well used during hot summer months to provide air conditioning, last year on the (N) and (Q) lines in Brooklyn. Who knows maybe this summer the non revenue cars other than the R127/134s will appear as garbage trains. :cool:

Oh, I did see a R40/40M cars carry garbage cars, well used during hot summer months to provide air conditioning, last year on the (N) and (Q) lines in Brooklyn. Who knows maybe this summer the non revenue cars other than the R127/134s will appear as garbage trains. :cool:

Well, I've seen pictures, just not in person.

Archived