Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
JCL

OC Transpo's Double Decker Buses In Service

OC Transpo (a transit system in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada) introduced their three newest "pilot" double decker buses into revenue service on March 30 2009. The double decker buses are Alexander Dennis Enviro500. If OC Transpo is satisifed with the pilot buses, additional units will be purchased in a couple of years from now.

Below are links to pictures:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/jcl_7/OC_Transpo/Alexander_Dennis_Enviro500/2009_03_30/1201.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/jcl_7/OC_Transpo/Alexander_Dennis_Enviro500/2009_03_30/1203.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/jcl_7/OC_Transpo/Alexander_Dennis_Enviro500/2009_03_30/1203-1201.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/jcl_7/OC_Transpo/Alexander_Dennis_Enviro500/2009_03_30/1203-1201_rear.jpg

Pfft, if the Double-Deckers will tip over at 125mph it will be removed from the rails! Tell your mom to look at this comment, she'll know.

Buses won't be removed from the rails unless they are on it in the first place. Conventional buses use the road, don't they?

Dude, please stay on topic. We are talking about rail-cars! Not busses!

If a double-decker railcar is going to tip over at 125mph, it'll be removed from the rails!

Actually the thread is about buses not trains...look @ the title again!

My mother thinks double deckers are so tall they will tip over. ;) Good luck with the Demo!

trust me.....i feel the same way about them.:confused:

Changed it, my bad.

But still, a Double Decker Bus, who flips, will in fact be removed from the roads. It will be life threatening to all people near it.

I really doubt our Double Deckers will tip. They shouldn't, or else why would Alexander Dennis have these buses available for purchase?

I really doubt our Double Deckers will tip. They shouldn't, or else why would Alexander Dennis have these buses available for purchase?

They will tip over if driven round a curve at sufficient speed and with lots of people (i.e. weight) on the top deck

Coach crash.

When they are empty you can corner as fast as in a conventional bus, but when heavily loaded it is not so advisable. I used to occasionally drive double-deckers on football/soccer specials which took fans away from the stadium after the game. The Police wanted them gone as soon as possible as the fans had a bit of a reputation for violence, and would 'turn a blind eye' to overloaded buses. More than once I have heard the tyre rubbing the inside of the wheelarch when turning.

if this test doesnt work out for OC transpo then its another order or artics from New Flyer to replace the older D60LF's already in service

It takes alot to flip a double decker bus, and that video proves it.

Now yes, that is the same model as from the Megabus incidents last month or two, but the conditions weren't the best.