Major delays again today

drxtreme21

So I took the 1140 am ML to Sec Junction -- wow were there delays a plenty -- There was supposed to be a 1206 to NYP -- delayed 25 min #3726 and all subsequent trains (6636 and 3240 ) were all delayed minimum of 10 min.

Wondering what possibly could have caused this . Now , at Sec Junction, all the NYP bound trains leave from either track A or B . While I was waiting , I saw a trenton bound train # 3841 limp into the station with the 44 level locomotive making some not so good sounds and groans. This train not only did not open its doors at all while it sat in the terminal for about 15 min ( a lot of people as u can imagine were not happy about this , but the weirdest sight I have ever seen. At the end of the platform with its lights on, a consist of Comet III's I believe ( the trains with no loco that are all electric ) pulled to within about 12 feet of the disabled 3726 -- ) after the 3726 rolled out leaving the sec passengers stranded, the comet consist just rolled in like nothing happened . Kinda thought it was a weird sight to say the least. Frankly, if these delays continue with the consistency that they are, I ll be taking the PATH into manhattan a lot more often from Boken. BTW when the hell is PATH gonna roll out these new schnazzy cars they keep talking up ?

:mb:B):tdown:

you know, its funny, i thought this forum was to observe and disseminate some of the minuitae that goes on in our daily commuting lives . I do understand that this is a railroad and delays are inherently part of the game , however ,if u read my post it was only the "consistency " with which some of these delays are occuring lately which was becoming a little bit unnerving. I mean, some people still do use the rails for their job and their livelihood, and need to be at a given point in a reasonable amount of time; I mean not everyone can spend their days taking pics of trains for hours on end --

"Sorry to be mean", but no need to post a jerkoff response like that.

you know, its funny, i thought this forum was to observe and disseminate some of the minuitae that goes on in our daily commuting lives . I do understand that this is a railroad and delays are inherently part of the game , however ,if u read my post it was only the "consistency " with which some of these delays are occuring lately which was becoming a little bit unnerving. I mean, some people still do use the rails for their job and their livelihood, and need to be at a given point in a reasonable amount of time; I mean not everyone can spend their days taking pics of trains for hours on end --

"Sorry to be mean", but no need to post a jerkoff response like that.

1.) I use the train for more than just pleasure if you would like to hear about how I take the train to visit my sick grandfather in the hospital I'll be more than happy to start threads going into detail with every delay.

2.) If you know there have been many delays in that time frame than why take the train in that time slot leave earlier.

3.)https://www.njtransit.com/ContactUs/cu_form.jsp

And I'm not sorry, if you knew the game then this thread would not exist as you would know this is not something major and stuff like this happens every day. Its not catenary wire falling down or a stalled train in the tunnel and even those are not really major since those seem to happen in regular intervals now.

It's true. Any small thing can send a cascading delay, sometimes making the delay longer as it "echos".

I was actually on a train earlier from the airport to nyp, and yes there were some funky delays. I caught the 12:20 pm train from ewr. Everything today was just so hit and miss with delays.

Don't even get me started on the slow orders on the ny bound express track.

But you know what? It's a railroad, and the delays on here are caused by actual issues, and the NEC often runs near peak capacity between sec and tre.

The section between sec and nyp is usually at capacity about 75% of the day.

I don't care about delays, you wanna talk wasted time, try being in an airport trying to get somewhere in bad weather. They don't just delay flights, they will cancel them entirely. Imagine if trains were canceled as often as airplanes? You'd lose customers pretty quick!

People take things sooooooo for granted, especially now days. For about 3 years there was a serious real chance that passenger rail would go away in the usa. Things were so bad when amtrak took over, they had to rebuild sunnyside yard. Yes, rebuild a yard, where trains move slow and passengers are not in the picture. Stuff was very dire, and we have a few delays here and there today, because amtrak & the transit agencies are still catching up to where we should be after those bad times. Next time you get a delay, write an email to your senators & representatives asking to improve service & funding vs whining about a measly 10 minute delay.

If you need more evidence please visit ewr during a noreaster. Then take the train back, it will be running while the planes are grounded.

- A

Archived