12-9 - Brighton Line; Newkirk Av; AM Rush

UlmerPark B6

I got on to the train station (Avenue J) at 7:20, multiple (Q) trains passed, so I took the train to Newkirk, until a cop went into the C/R cabin saying, "An unitendified woman was run over by a train this morning, at 6:47, at Newkirk Ave., please take the train to Church Ave. for a CI-bound (B) / (Q) train, that ran express. I was late for school, the scene is cleared, but not sure if the woman is alive or not.

honestly...if she was run over I couldn't see how she'd survive but stranger things have happened. Remember that dude that fell 40 somethin stories and survived??

I'm suprised that there is nothing on the news, not even the upsate shooting, yet.

I think the cop said she, but I'm not sure, so if a mod can come, please change the title, not woman, but person. The cops, and investigators, were between the 1st and 2nd car, and it was a Kawasaki R68A.

I was affected by it today too. I saw the Q train sitting at Newkirk, while passing on a Brighton Beach Bound B at about 7:45AM on my way to school. I have to say, the construction they are doing at Newkirk now while the station is open to service creates a hazard. I don't know if it was related or not, but I feel like it creates an unsafe situation. By the time I hit Newkirk there were no cops, but serveral construction workers.

I heard about that in school today. Right after one of the assistant Principals said with a bit of wow in her voice, that the students coming in very very late were late because of this. Well, students who take the (Q) anyway.

I'm suprised that there is nothing on the news, not even the upsate shooting, yet.

I think the cop said she, but I'm not sure, so if a mod can come, please change the title, not woman, but person. The cops, and investigators, were between the 1st and 2nd car, and it was a Kawasaki R68A.

A track worker I know said that there are an average of 2-3 12-9s a week in the subway. Most never make the news beacuse the (MTA) does not want them to.

My goodness, what a saddening day... Many people died and hurt today, I hope tomorrow will be better...

This week has been a hell of a week for me.

Just Wednesday, I received news that a former classmate of mine, Josh Guitelman, passed away. I knew him since freshman year and he was really cool. :cry:

Now today, we heard about the Bing shootings and now... another tragedy on the tracks... :cry:

A track worker I know said that there are an average of 2-3 12-9s a week in the subway. Most never make the news beacuse the (MTA) does not want them to.

Exactly. and as twisted as this may sound (its true though), many of those 12-9s are suicides and MTA does NOT want them published because they are generally "successful" and they don't want to encourage other people who are thinking of offing themselves to do it in the subway and scar train operators/conductors/customers etc. who have to witness it or worse yet for the train crews actually be a part of it even though it is not their fault. Many T/O's have been unable to return to work because of incidents involving 12-9s...

Just being real about it..

Unfortunately, there aren't any ditches at Newkirk avenue

And Josh really was a great guy, its a shame we lost him.

Sad, isn't it? If there was, she could have attempted to fit herself in that ditch.

Yeah, what's even more sad is, that Josh's birthday is Monday. :cry:

Archived