Signal Problems at 67th Avenue Station

MTR Admiralty

Service Alert

Posted on:4/3/2009 9:39:43 PM

Due to ongoing signal problems at the 67th Avenue Station, selected World Trade Center-bound (E) and Coney Island-bound (F) trains are running local from the 71st Avenue-Forest Hills Station to the Roosevelt Avenue-Jackson Heights Station.

Please expect delays in service on the (E) and (F) trains at this time.

Wow, that sounds like fun, the (F) is never running local along Queens Boulevard, between 21 Street-Queensbridge and Forest Hills. I bet this is a temporary service change.

The (F) don't need to be local b/w Forest Hills 71st-Continental Avenues and 21st-Queensbridge....its fine just being express via Queens Blvd 24/7...I was so glad (MTA) changed that!

The (F) don't need to be local b/w Forest Hills 71st-Continental Avenues and 21st-Queensbridge....its fine just being express via Queens Blvd 24/7...I was so glad (MTA) changed that!

You have that right, since the (F) is making all stops in Brooklyn (Culver Line) and Manhattan (6 Avenue via the 63 Street Connector). That is a neat arrangement for late night service (E) via local, and (F) via express.

You have that right, since the (F) is making all stops in Brooklyn (Culver Line) and Manhattan (6 Avenue via the 63 Street Connector). That is a neat arrangement for late night service (E) via local, and (F) via express.

You got that one right, the F is much too long for all stop service. Thus they decided to have the F run express. The E is much shorter, justifying why they have to run local during the twilight hours.

I know its late but (E)(F) trains did run local between 71 AV and Roosvelt the signal problems were South of 63rd Drive almost all of the PM Rush Hour. Also because of the slow speed order at Grand Northbound during Rush Hours SOME 179 Street bound (F) and Parsons Bound (E) trains do make Local Stops between 36 Street and 71 AV. The (F) crews don't get told until they sitting at the Homeball South of 36 St.

A long-term Service Change... Not GO, not 12/9...

The reason for me posting this is due to a service change.

The F, generally, should not be running local on the QBL during late nights. When you saw the F doing local, there was a disruption of some sort. The F is normally scheduled to run express on QBL at all times.

That's nothing compared to SAS or 1 WTC, or ESA. Do you realize how many transit/transportation projects have been conceived planned and implemented since SAS and ESA were originally proposed & begun? 1 WTC is 20 feet above street level 6 years after the rubble was cleared. Do you realize how many buildings have been drawn up, finalized, constructed topped out and filled with tenants since 2003? One bryant park (BoA building), 11 times square (topped out), and several residential towers along the west side....

- A

That's nothing compared to SAS or 1 WTC, or ESA. Do you realize how many transit/transportation projects have been conceived planned and implemented since SAS and ESA were originally proposed & begun? 1 WTC is 20 feet above street level 6 years after the rubble was cleared. Do you realize how many buildings have been drawn up, finalized, constructed topped out and filled with tenants since 2003? One bryant park (BoA building), 11 times square (topped out), and several residential towers along the west side....

- A

The thing about the WTC "progress" is due to a feud between Silverstein Properties, the city, the state and the PA. They also found human remains. However, I do not think the 63rd Street tunnel connector got delayed by body parts or politics.

I know its late but (E)(F) trains did run local between 71 AV and Roosvelt the signal problems were South of 63rd Drive almost all of the PM Rush Hour. Also because of the slow speed order at Grand Northbound during Rush Hours SOME 179 Street bound (F) and Parsons Bound (E) trains do make Local Stops between 36 Street and 71 AV. The (F) crews don't get told until they sitting at the Homeball South of 36 St.

- A

IINM, 1 WTC is already over 100 feet above street level. It may be reaching 130-150 feet now.

The thing about the WTC "progress" is due to a feud between Silverstein Properties, the city, the state and the PA. They also found human remains. However, I do not think the 63rd Street tunnel connector got delayed by body parts or politics.

When LIRR broke away from PRR they lost a lot of financial breathing room. This lasted till the state purchased it and made it part of the (MTA). This was at a dark time in us RR history where infrastructure was failing and trains often broke down, so the idea of the ESA was widely accepted as a good thing, however (MTA) had its own problems leading into the hell years, and appropriate funding was not available till recently. There was money earlier, but it was needed to fix things neglected in the hell years including purchase new "R" fleet.

- A

Last night all trains were running on the local tracks. At around 1am I was waiting for a Jamaica bound train after dropping my GF off at 67th Ave. F trains were doing express on the the local, E was local as usual for the night hours.

While I was waiting, a work train consisting of a leading crane car, a flat car, and R33 pushed by a diesel were on the Manhattan bound express track headed towards Roosevelt from 71st.

Last night all trains were running on the local tracks. At around 1am I was waiting for a Jamaica bound train after dropping my GF off at 67th Ave. F trains were doing express on the the local, E was local as usual for the night hours.

While I was waiting, a work train consisting of a leading crane car, a flat car, and R33 pushed by a diesel were on the Manhattan bound express track headed towards Roosevelt from 71st.

I guess that might be the norm. The express tracks might be used for maintenance.

Archived