Photo of the first day of R68 in service (Not Mine)

Remember a few weeks ago, when Brighton Local posted that photo of an R68 F from that guy on ebay, well I have just found a photo from the same guy on ebay of the R68 on its first day of service, April 13, 1986, on the D Brighton Local:

!BPjmHpQCGk~$(KGrHgoH-D!EjlLlz,uWBJ0N+9Cwk!~~_1.JPG

Here are all of his photos!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390040883848&indexURL=0#ebayphotohosting

The pictures are amazing, especially the pre-GOH R-32, R-40, and R-40M. The only thing is that pictures of the trains between 1983 and 1991 are far more rare than, say, pictures of the trains between 1972 and 1981. One thing I like about that time period in the subways, the Gunn Era, is that you actually got to see what the pre-GOH cars should have always looked like (clean and not covered in graffiti) right before they were rebuilt. And the best thing is that all this was not too long ago. You could still catch an unrebuilt train in early 1990, a mere 19 years ago.B)(B)(D)(Q):tup:

And you hardly give a crap about anything you post on this forum. This is why no one respects you here.

HAHAHAHAHA! I've been wanting to say that for the longest but I've just haven't had the time or patience to (along with many other things that I really want to say something about but thats a topic for another day).

The pictures are amazing, especially the pre-GOH R-32, R-40, and R-40M.

That slant looks great. It was 22 years old at that time. Now it's going on 41 years in service.

And it is pre-GOH, the post GOH slants have shorter door windows. There are some mods from original, the blue stripes on both the R40S and R40M have been removed and original R40M did not have blue front door. The R32s look more interesting with blue doors, that one looks close to original with some updates (roll signs, TA to MTA, etc.)

Yes, Gunn did a wonderful job bringing the subways back from the decrepit condition they were in prior to his getting there.

The pictures are amazing, especially the pre-GOH R-32, R-40, and R-40M. The only thing is that pictures of the trains between 1983 and 1991 are far more rare than, say, pictures of the trains between 1972 and 1981. One thing I like about that time period in the subways, the Gunn Era, is that you actually got to see what the pre-GOH cars should have always looked like (clean and not covered in graffiti) right before they were rebuilt. And the best thing is that all this was not too long ago. You could still catch an unrebuilt train in early 1990, a mere 19 years ago.:P(B)(D)(Q):tup:

yes i couldnt agree more the pics of the pre-GOH R40-40M, &32's are amazing, i havent seen them like that since my early years of railfanning...and i was in Junior High in those days...memories of that timeframe come flooding back especially when i see the <Q> on the R40M's and the R68 it does kina give u a feel like as if they'd just come into service no i didnt mind the graff on them because i used to read all the tags but defnitely much nicer when they got cleaned up and the Redbird era began, well some were green too

Archived