I Saw The Orange Q <R> & <W>

Today I was Comming From Rector Street And There Was A Train Car That Pulled Up In The Station And It Had A <(W)> Sign On It SO I Rode It To 14st And I Got Off And I Watched It Leave And I Saw The <R> On The Back Of One Of The Cars And It Was So Cool. But If That Wasn't Cool Enough I Then Waited For The (N) Or (Q) To Come And Instead Of A (Q) There Was A Car With (Q6) It Was Really Cool!!!

So the R46s have the <(W)> logo then? Hmm, interesting, rather than the circle. But it makes sense, because most of the R46s are still retrofitted with signage for the <R>; hence, the <R> is a lost-route for 20+ years now, and the (W) back then would have been a diamond anyway, because it would have been doing the same route it does now, only during rush hours.... The 32s have the <(W)> symbol, while a few of the R68 & R68A's have them as well. Nice catch!

So the R46s have the <(W)> logo then? Hmm, interesting, rather than the circle. But it makes sense, because most of the R46s are still retrofitted with signage for the <R>; hence, the <R> is a lost-route for 20+ years now, and the (W) back then would have been a diamond anyway, because it would have been doing the same route it does now, only during rush hours.... The 32s have the <(W)> symbol, while a few of the R68 & R68A's have them as well. Nice catch!

I saw a train once from one platform that was stopped at the platform for the other direction, it had both <R> and <(W)> on 2 of the cars. It was a (W) train.

- A

I think the <R> and the <(W)> are only found on the older signs which I think most of the R44/46 still have. My sign does not have them and it is very new, I think the (NYCT) had new signs made to get rid of the <(W)>.

(Q6) was a 6th Av. express for quite some time. I don't remember exactly when it went from Broadway to 6th Av and then back to Broadway. I also don't think it was always a full-time line. And, was it a Brighton Express at one time?

Archived