The story behind your username

PATCOman

The R32 B train thread inspired me to create this thread.

When I first joined Subtalk around 2003 or 2004, my first username was "R32 E Train" because I was riding the (E) to and from Jamaica a lot back then. I liked how the R32s would fly down the Queens Boulevard express, so the (E) was my favorite line. At one time (I forgot when, but it was probably in 2004 or 2005), I rode an R40 (:P in Brooklyn on the Brighton Express for the first time, and it flew. I like the Brighton express better than the Queens Boulevard express because the Brighton has mixed construction (open cut, embankment). The R32 was my favorite car, so I just changed my username from (E) to (B).

What is the story of your username?

Well, Originally, my name was DanTheMan702 on youtube. My name isn't actually Dan, its David. I had Dan my friends always call me Dan. So I made an account DanTheMan702, 702 because I like the numbers 7 and 2. Then on July 21, 2008 my old account was suspended, so I needed a new name. I made Maserati7200 because I love Maserati (an Italian car company) and love the numbers 7 and 2.

I was a big wrestling fan when I first got on the internet around the mid-late 90s. One of my favorite wrestlers at the time was Chris Jericho. Around 1999 he started calling himself y2j, in parody of y2k. So I took up the handle of y2julio in homage of one of my favorite wrestlers.

Origionaly I didn't choose the name or names "DonOfAllBuses" or "The Don of All Buses", one of my brothers said to me " since you know soo much about buses you should be The Don of All Buses or something." My friends and family started calling me that and it stuck like glue, so I got used to it. Almost every comment I make has some kind of refference to a bus.

The Don of All Buses of the Transit Bus Mafia

Well, I draw human versions of the train lines to be put in my musical. One day, I noticed that the characters looked very anime-esque. Therefore, I looked up how to say the numbers in Japanese, and 6 was Roku. And because the character of the 6 is largely a representation of myself, I started calling myself Roku Six.

I decided to create this handle to reflect 1 of the bus routes near my house and this sounded like the best 1 for me. I could of have done Q64JewelAve however I felt that QM4 had a bit more zing to it. I also like the name of the street where the Q64 and QM4 runs on since it is a nice sounding name.

On other message boards I am known as QM18Express and I choose that handle because the QM18 was the only bus route that ran down my old street on a regular basis (Weekday Mornings Only). The Q60 would only go up my old street like 1 sunday a year and a lot of times in the afternoon I would see buses deadheading for the Q10 and Q37 lines. Express was put in the handle because of the signs it used back in the GBL days:

QM18 EXPRESS

QM18 VIA 6 AV

So I chose the 1st part of the reading to be my handle.

MTR is the sole rail transport system (with the exception of the HK Island Trams and the Funicular to Victoria Peak) in Hong Kong. Admiralty is one of the busiest MTR stations, locating in Admiralty, Hong Kong Island, HK. The Island Line and the Tsuen Wan Line meet there. The Admiralty area is the administrative core in Hong Kong, with government buildings surrounding the area.

I WAS going to use my other name "Cait Sith" for this forum ( Originally from Final Fantasy 7 ). But since I used this name in other forums, I stuck this one. Majinvegeta came from DBZ, my favorite character Vegeta, and his best spot in the Buu Saga as Majin Vegeta!

I've been told on many occasion despite my tough personal background and challenges that I turned out pretty ok. And I believe those challenges could only be as tough as they were in such a place as this city. Fortitude = strength of mind that enables a person to encounter danger or bear pain or adversity with courage...and I got that fortitude during my time living in NYC before i moved...so Urban Fortitude.

I chose my handle back when R160s were still new and were one of my favorite cars (now it has to be the R46). 8713 is the first R160B, so I chose that (it's not like there's going to be any oddball R160 numbers). Just wondering though, if any mod or admin can answer, can you change your handle? I want to put a space between the B and the 8 in my username (didn't know I could do that when I signed up).

I have loved the R68 Subway Car since I used to see them everyday because my old house was right next to the Brighton Line. I could see all the trains pass by from the top floor where my bedroom was. When we moved in 1997, I always would beg dad to take me to Coney Island or Rockerfeller Center on the D Train as a little kid. I loved seeing and riding those R68s and R68As. I also loved riding the R68As on the B everytime we took a stroll by the the old Clock store in Bensonhurst.

My interest in railroads started in Amtrak, thus Amtrak.

The 7 used to represent the Empire Builder, being its train number. But, as my interests shift to NYCT, I realized that it would be better to use the (7) than the (D).

Ok here is the story of my name. When I was a kid I was always hanging around Pelham Bay talking to the transit Employee's and riding the Redbirds on the (6) to Brooklyn Bridge and back. I would also ride the (5) alot between 125 and Bowling Green. Finally when I become a C/R I always picked the (6) Line. One of the old timers would always say "Theres Pelham Bay Dave" Dave is my name. I was told I was like a fixure on the (6) Line. So thats how it started and with my Promotion I left the (6) and the IRT for the BMT/IND Lines.

Thats why I will always have a love for the (6) Line and I guess my T/O career will not be complete until I take a (6) train down the road.

Archived