The story behind your username

PATCOman

My name was given to me back when I was working as a C/R handswitchman at East New York Yard. On radio conversations during yard moves between the Head, Foot and Deck of the yard, the three H/Smen refer to the other by name via radio in order to communicate train moves. My last name starts with Z, but can be tricky to pronounce. So one of the guys started calling me Zman and it stuck.

My initials, per se. (L) for "Le" (first syllable of my first name), (R) for "roy" (second syllable) and then (G) for "Graham". As for 5784, those numbers came in when I was looking at my phone, and you guys know how the letters are arranged on the phone's keypad (1 had ABC, 2 had DEF, etc.). Well, I threw in my middle initial in between R and G and there's 5784! And lrg5784 was born...lol.

I also like the "Lifted Research Group" company, although I haven't even bought their clothes at all. :)

Same name I've used from the start at Riders Diaries and Subchat. Picked it from the 2/4/5 stop 149th-Grand concourse as the first station in the Bronx i ever visited. And I couldn't think of anything else at the time when I was selecting a name and it's pretty much stuck ever since.

I don't think I'll change it. Even though I did change my name a few times, I've grown attached to this name.

My penname is based simply off my favorite bus, the TMC RTS-06 CNG, and my favorite private bus company, Command. Initially, my penname was going to be RTS CNG Commander, but it was too long, so I had to shorten it. I've actually grown fond of this name and have no interest of changing it anytime soon.

Plus, I wanted a different penname, one that reflects my love for bus and train transport. I'm also a part of various cartoon and video game fandoms like Digimon and Sonic the Hedgehog, and I go under the name Dark Qiviut there. Rather than connect my involvement with fandom to this forum, I wanted to create a new penname as a barrier to separate the two. (For fandoms like Sonic, I see it as a good thing. I'm part of some friendship-breaking fandom politics there, and it can get really annoying.)

I was writing a research paper in 11th Grade. My topic was Alternatives to Illegal Street Racing. I was browsing a local street racing web forum and I needed to log in to search. I began to register, but I needed a username. The girl next to me was doing a paper on the Columbia space shuttle disaster. I looked over and thought Columbia...Death. And so: ColumbiaDeath.

I changed my handle for logistical/OCD reasons. My handle over at Straphangers, TTMG, and Manhattan Express Forums is R32 3348. My handle at Subchat would be R32 3348 but I never got my password for that account and am using my friend's handle which he doesn't care for anymore. I originally picked R32 3348 on Straphangers, my first forum, back in March of 2007 because the R32s were my favorite cars and 3348 was the oddball of the fleet. The (E) was also my favorite line, and still is one of my favorites to this day.

I was writing a research paper in 11th Grade. My topic was Alternatives to Illegal Street Racing. I was browsing a local street racing web forum and I needed to log in to search. I began to register, but I needed a username. The girl next to me was doing a paper on the Columbia space shuttle disaster. I looked over and thought Columbia...Death. And so: ColumbiaDeath.

I think you need another username ,anything associating itself with death raises eyebrows just my opinion:eek:(K)<R>

It all started with an instant messaging conversation I had about 3 years ago... I don't remember what we were talking about but I'll always remember that line where my friend told me I was a "spectacular" person, so it stuck with me as a nickname pretty much after that. ;)

Hi! My username is in memory of the 70(EE) Broadway Local. Monday November 26, 1967 to Friday August 27, 1976. The (EE) was one of the new routes created by Christie Street and ran weekdays during "normal hours".

I thought it was neat that Queens Boulevard had an 70(EE) local and 70(E) express and that the 70(EE) went to Broadway stopping at 49th Street while the 70(E) went to Eighth Avenue stopping at the Lower Level of 50th Street.

The route was 71st Avenue-Continental Avenue to Whitehall and on Queens Boulevard: 70(GG) 70(EE) local; 70(E) 70(F) express and on Broadway: 70(RR) 70(EE) local; 70(N) 70(QB) express.

The cars I recall best were the R16s and R1-R9s.

When the 70(EE) was cancelled (the (K) was also cancelled the same day) the 70(N) was extended from 57th Street-Seventh Avenue. In 1979, the 70(EE) would've become yellow.

The 70(EE) (and today the (E) late nights) served my favorite Queens Boulevard station - 67th Avenue.

Alternative, I considered something with my favorite bus route - the B67 which is based out of the Mr. Jackie Gleason Depot and which serves Seventh Avenue and Park Slope in Brooklyn.

I think you need another username ,anything associating itself with death raises eyebrows just my opinion:eek:(K)<R>

Are you uncomfortable with death?

I happen to be very at peace with it. We are all headed there you know. It's the last stop for all of us. Including subway cars!

Life and death are two sides of the same coin. Both neccessary in their own ways.

I happen to be very at peace with it. We are all headed there you know. It's the last stop for all of us. Including subway cars!

Life and death are two sides of the same coin. Both neccessary in their own ways.

I like the way you think! Damn dude!

"This station is Retirement Home. This is an End of Life-bound <7> express train. The next and last stop will be Death. Step in and stand clear of the closing doors please."

"This station is Retirement Home. This is an End of Life-bound <7> express train. The next and last stop will be Death. Step in and stand clear of the closing doors please."

lol

My user name is from my favorite train route (if it existed). The Sea Beach is beautiful, and with a nonstop run, it's even better.

lol

My user name is from my favorite train route (if it existed). The Sea Beach is beautiful, and with a nonstop run, it's even better.

It did exist, but only for a short time. It ran express from 57/7th to Brighton Beach via the Sea Beach express. It was very unpopular and only lasted 1 or 2 years.

Could of ans this before but oh well.. Mark1447. The Mark name is like a Proxy protecting my real name online :P. Even though my real name is known by a few. lol. I've had Mark1447 for the last 2 years about starting with TransitStuff (if anyone remembers that old forum).. I like it and want to stick with it unless otherwise changed..

PS. Even though you see "Matt" on most sig or so, thats not my name ethere. Thats a name i use for my website/forum. lol

Archived