Key dates announced by MTA in the doomesday budget

Shortline Bus

And partisan is one of the main factors... Now, Democrats had to let Republicans in the discussion which is good, :)!

Okay, I don't think this thread is all about partisan politics.

I discussed this with R160B 8713 before, I think there is NO INCENTIVE behind Pay Per Ride bonuses.

Okay, whatever on Politics.

But, you give me a thought on the pay-per-ride thing. That program could be cut to save other stuff like (W) Line and stuff.

Depends how much money is saved and how many people use PPR. Supposedly the bonus gives each ride a value of $2.17. I'll say, keep the $2.50 base, no bonus, but at least give us some service back. If on a weekend you're running late and there are plaguing delays on the CPW, you know you need the M10.

Well, the bonus should be one ride at least. If the bonus is below $2.50, I would rather have no bonus. Also, for lateness, it is really up to the (MTA) to consider how long a X-Fer would do. I personally feel that a X-Fer should not have time but be between the Subway to Bus/Bus to Bus for once.

What you mean by "bonus should be one ride"? It's either bonus or no bonus.

People should have ample time to transfer.

Got it and yeah, some train crew should tell passengers what to do.

It depends on the delays, if they are small, then they will say "we have a red signal in front of us, we should be moving shortly" if it's a big delay, the crews will confer with the tower people who will give them instructions. On certain cases there will be reroutes to speed up service. So riders should have hope.

What about a train break-down, derail or stuck train ahead (without other tracks to go to)?

This has happened before on the L. Not new. All trains at the stations behind the stalled train are to stop at their stations. All trains still moving are to stop at the nearest station. Those passengers are to get a transfer ticket to a nearby bus line that parallels the affected subway line.

If there is a train in front of a stalled train but past a station, the train crew will be given instructions. If the tracks cannot be cleared in due time, passengers may have to leave the train, and walk on the tracks to the nearest station to get out. If it is not serious, then just a wait. Usually, passengers won't leave the train and walk in the tunnel.

Lets say situation 2 happened. What will they do if certain passengers were in the subway for more than two hour? So, there is no X-Fer?

If the delay will require a long time to clear and the train is inside the tunnel, passengers will have to walk down the tunnel.

But usually it will take less than 15 minutes to clear. Besides, most of those people transferring to a bus at the end of the journey, use unlimited cards, so they could make X amount of transfers without paying extra on any given day.

Archived