Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Qns Blvd Dom

R160 On the F via 8th Ave announcements!

This is from the past weekend's G.O. where the F went up the A and E lines. I don't think they got a program for the F going via A and E lines however it does have it for going up the E line only.

Enjoy! :cool:

Nice video. I like them, I wonder if the LEDs on the outside said something like "via 8th Av/53rd St," because when the (E) went up Broadway one late night, it read "via B'way/59th St."

Nice video. I like them, I wonder if the LEDs on the outside said something like "via 8th Av/53rd St," because when the (E) went up Broadway one late night, it read "via B'way/59th St."

Thanks!

If you look at the end of the video, I got the outside sign. I always include everything in the video, I never miss a beat! :o

Thanks!

If you look at the end of the video, I got the outside sign. I always include everything in the video, I never miss a beat! :o

That's what I get for being in a rush. Thanks for saying that, now I know for future to watch the whole video.

Why doesn't it say that a transfer is available to the (A) at 50 St, or the (D) at 7 Av.?

Also, why does it say that the (G) is available at Queens Plaza, even though the G.O. curtailed it?

Why doesn't it say that a transfer is available to the (A) at 50 St, or the (D) at 7 Av.?

Also, why does it say that the (G) is available at Queens Plaza, even though the G.O. curtailed it?

When they did the programming, they didn't expect that the A will run local during such GOs. But the D and the G are boo-boos. Sides, this routing is supposedly for a weekend disruption, meaning that this is weekend service. Remember, ON PAPER, the G runs along the QBL.

There's no customized program for express trains running over the local, etc. It's either that you have the program as a full express [weekday] or full local. [weekend] It's the same on the (E) as well. Most C/Rs would just program the train for a weekday schedule in which the (B), (C), (G), and (V) trains are all available. I do wish that the FINDs had some kind of "Live Update" feature to adapt for G.Os and the normal day cuts. (System time is Saturday, 01:00 - No (:), (C), (R), etc. )

@QM4JewelAve - Nice video and catch. QBL Bros. riding together. :P

That's what I get for being in a rush. Thanks for saying that, now I know for future to watch the whole video.

No problem! :P

There's no customized program for express trains running over the local, etc. It's either that you have the program as a full express [weekday] or full local. [weekend] It's the same on the (E) as well. Most C/Rs would just program the train for a weekday schedule in which the (B), (C), (G), and (V) trains are all available. I do wish that the FINDs had some kind of "Live Update" feature to adapt for G.Os and the normal day cuts. (System time is Saturday, 01:00 - No (B), (C), (R), etc. )

@QM4JewelAve - Nice video and catch. QBL Bros. riding together. B)

Thanks! :) I pretty much lived along the QBL for my whole life!