Overhauled C.I. SIR R44 #388

Queens Surface

I caught the overhauled R44 with blue and black flooring. Look's kind of nice.

ROW tree trimming truck on the tracks

DSC01117.jpg

R44 SIR leaving Tomspkinville

DSC01121.jpg

Inside #388

DSC01125.jpg

DSC01126.jpg

DSC01134.jpg

Builder's Plate

DSC01136.jpg

Old Evacuation Instructions

DSC01138.jpg

Exterior Pics of #388

DSC01127.jpg

DSC01128.jpg

DSC01140.jpg

Closeup of Rollsign

DSC01141.jpg

At St. George

DSC01147.jpg

Peek in the Cab

DSC01142.jpg

Door Plate got painted Black

DSC01143.jpg

Exterior Pics of #448

DSC01129.jpg

DSC01130.jpg

SIR R44s Overhauled #395 and #456

DSC01131.jpg

Closeup of Truck

DSC01132.jpg

#456 linked to #356

DSC01133.jpg

And the Vids, In HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MW2hEV7brI

Read Description for the fighting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mDn4VR7fD0

Enjoy

OK. Blue seats and black floors are OK. But put them in the tan interior and... no.

But you know what, those "Watch the Gap" stickers should be put on every single train. Including LIRR and MNCRR.

The number on the front looks weird, but that's just because it's nowhere else in the system.

Nice pics overall.

I wish the (MTA) would get rid of the R44's on Staten Island. No matter what they do, they are cracked by the doors and just plain ugly. I wished they would put R32's there instead of retiring them, but I guess I have a better chance of hitting the lotto than that taking place.

I wish the (MTA) would get rid of the R44's on Staten Island. No matter what they do, they are cracked by the doors and just plain ugly. I wished they would put R32's there instead of retiring them, but I guess I have a better chance of hitting the lotto than that taking place.

No matter how ugly they are, how dirty they get or whatever... the R32s will not go there.

-The R44s will be going in like around 5 years. The R179s will be in there place, that is, if they come.

-The R32s are destined for the ocean. Some of them might become work cars. But why do you want an even older car to replace an ageing car?

-They have to make the R32s modified to FRA regulations.

OK. Blue seats and black floors are OK. But put them in the tan interior and... no.

But you know what, those "Watch the Gap" stickers should be put on every single train. Including LIRR and MNCRR.

The number on the front looks weird, but that's just because it's nowhere else in the system.

Nice pics overall.

Not sure about Metro North...but the LIRR did have the same "Watch The Gap" stickers on every door...i think they changed them about the same time the M-7's came out

Great shots!

Thanks

Nice pics overall.

Thanks,well the (MTA) thinks its looks good so it goes.

Nice shots, finally new (MTA) logos. But i wonder why cant the (A)'s R44 get blue seats while the SIR can..?!

Thanks

Nice pix of the OverHauled R-44 SIRT's, :(...

Thanks

be careful what you wish for, you might just get it all

~Daughtry

nice pics btw

Thanks

Nice pics!

It's weird though how the front looks new with the paint, but the carbodies are still grimy.

Thanks

No matter how ugly they are, how dirty they get or whatever... the R32s will not go there.

-The R44s will be going in like around 5 years. The R179s will be in there place, that is, if they come.

-The R32s are destined for the ocean. Some of them might become work cars. But why do you want an even older car to replace an ageing car?

-They have to make the R32s modified to FRA regulations.

In 1964, the R32's ran on the Mott Haven line to Grand Central Station. This was a test to prove that subway cars can run on other rail systems. This is why Staten Island could have gotten the R32's back in 1964, but I guess they weren't need on the SIRT at that time.

The R44s look nice and shiny. The interior seems to have a wonderful resemblance to the R110B.
SIRT takes really good care of their R44s and treats them like how LIRR treats the M3s. That's why all their carbon strips had been replaced with stainless steel strips like the R46s and their interior are so shiny to a certain extent.

My only dislike about the SIRT R44s are their propulsions. The GE propulsion is much more abrupt than that of the Westinghouse Propulsion. Does anyone know why that the SIRT has GE propulsion?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived