The story behind your signature

FlushingExpress

my sig represents my home IRT station and my two favorite IRT lines, the (2) and the (5). The (2) is the line that made me a railfan back in the 90's. I like the (5) because it gives my area direct access to the east side (Only during rush hours sadly) and is a fast express in BK, not slow local like the (2) with 19383481 timer signals.

• 8 months later...

My signature is a little reminder of where the 70(EE) once ran from Monday November 27, 1967 to Friday August 27, 1976.

The 70(EE) ran from Whitehall to Continental Avenue weekdays, during normal hours, making local stops on Broadway in Manhattan where it ran with the 70(RR) 70(N) and 70(QB) and in Queens where it ran with the 70(GG) 70(E) and 70(F).

My sig was created when I changed my username from R32 B train to PATCOman. I changed it because the Yankees beat the Phillies and the (:P train goes to Yankee Stadium. Therefore, I did not want my username to have any associations with the Yankees in anyway.

As for the Kanye West line, even though I do like the Brighton Express, I also like PATCO as well. I decided to use it to be creative and to reflect my username change.

My current sig is an Illinois Central named train of much fame and noteriety, the City of New Orelans. This train traveled the entire length of the IC main line from Chicago to New Orelans following the missippippi river. This train became an icon of luxury cross country travel, so much so that many songs and movies reference it. This iteration is pulled by a diesel. Earlier iterations were pulled by steam.

- A

Archived