Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MTA Bus

R160A R Train @ East NY Yard

Guest MTA Bus

I Was Riding The (J) The Other Day.When I Was Arriving Bway Jct, I Saw A R160A Signed Up As the (R) Train. It Was In East NY Yard & The Destination Sign Said: (R) Boardway LCL (R) Wihtehall St (R) Via 60th St. I Didn't Have My Camera, So I Didn't Get A pIC, But It Lokked So Cool

I Was Riding The (J) The Other Day,and I Saw A R160A Signed Up As the ®rain. It Was In East NY Yard. The Destination Sign Said: (R) Boardway LCL (R) Wihtehall St (R) Via 60th St

Well, it's possible for the T/O or C/R to change while not in service.

(R) via the (W):o

It's not odd to see mis-signed trains, espeically in yards. North Eastern T/O who works on trains out of ENY, signed up trains as the (V) and the B division (S)huttles. [And did NIS runs with them too]

A mis-signed R160A (more importantly - R160A-1) doesn't really mean anything for the line.

eh, nothing really out of place. Crew messing around with trains is nothing new. I saw a "(J)" train today in the Canarsie yard.

(R) via the (W):o

It's not odd to see mis-signed trains, espeically in yards. North Eastern T/O who works on trains out of ENY, signed up trains as the (V) and the B division (S)huttles. [And did NIS runs with them too]

A mis-signed R160A (more importantly - R160A-1) doesn't really mean anything for the line.

Jizz, you know me to well, but if was this week, it was not me. I am on Vocation this week. I put up other sign to see if the FIND inside are not Frozen.

All of this is true but The only thing not mentioned was the fact that ( from my POV and position at the time ) it was going pass fulton street jamaica bound side about two weeks ago...and about a month the same thing occured but it was a " V " set R160. So atleast two trains passed through fulton street that were " R " and " V " and were parked at ENY on the closest resting track from view...also about two weeks maybe three not sure there was an " A " there as well.

Not new, a member of the train crew was just playing with the signs. I once saw a R160 signed up as the A at East New York, while waiting for a J. Four car sets though. It was like:

A To 207th Street

A 8th Av Exp

A Fulton Street Exp

I see the mis-signed trains a lot. I saw a 160 signed as a (E) train in CI yard months before the 160 went on the (E). I also saw a 160 signed as a (:P and another as a (D).

I see the mis-signed trains a lot. I saw a 160 signed as a (E) train in CI yard months before the 160 went on the (E). I also saw a 160 signed as a (:P and another as a (D).

They were burning some R160Bs in on the Bravo, last year.

I saw a R-160 signed up as (B) and (G) in Coney Island, very random, :P!

The yard itself?

I think they were from burn tests. Because the G did had a test run with the R160s from CIY.

Yes, in the yard. Well, probably testing or T/O, C/R playing with signs, :P!

Most likely came back from testing, you can't accuse the train crew of playing with signs. Because you weren't really there and no proof. If however, the shuttle sign appeared, then you know, it was play.

The R160s Are Kinda Werid Some Times Like i road on a (W) R160 and on the Inside it had the (N)'s line

Yea, when the (N) has to switch at Astoria and switch to (W), sometimes there might be a glitch, but maybe there wasn't anytime. And just wondering, why do you have so many spelling and grammar mistakes, it should be rode not road, and weird, not werid.

I think it is T/O, C/R playing with it or left it like that is because they haven't tested the R-160 on those lines that time yet, B)!

They ran burn tests on the B last year. You can go to nycsubway.org

There's a youtube clip of the R160B set testing on the G.