GMC RTS

Bracamonte

is there any picture for proof?

Heres your proof...

DSC05307.jpg

hello my fellow members, don't be discouraged jfk/far rock depot still have 2 (two) buses with the rolling signs, they usually run on the q22 line. i hope that helps.

I saw an 11XX RTS on the Q35 today with rollsigns, reminded me of the good ol Green line days and their awsome GMC RTS.

• 2 weeks later...
To this day, I'm still miffed I never got the chance to ride on a GMC RTS. When Hudson Pier was still around, the oldest bus they had were the 1990 TMS RTS. The youngest were the 1998 RTS (95xx series). The oldest RTS bus I've ever been on was the 1987-1988 TMC RTS (when MJQ had them briefly in early 2004).

When I was growing up I always been riding the GMC RTS. Back in the early 1990s they were everywhere. I always love the ride with the GMC RTS on the B69. Rarely I got a chance to ride the older versions of the GMC RTS like the 11xx series. In the mid 1990s Jackie Gleason started using Orions and newer models of RTS like the 84xx series. Until sometime in 2005 it was common to see a GMC RTS since many of them ran from Fresh Pond depot. When the hybrids was introduced to Fresh Pond the GMC RTS were goners. Around May of 2005 it was very rare to see a GMC RTS that at times I see them run on the B52 or B54 bus in the 47xx series. I always enjoyed the ride of the GMC RTS and it's my favorite bus model since I grew up with them and see them often. The oldest model of RTS still runs is the TMC RTS in the 80xx series that you can find them around the city but mainly MTA bus runs the older RTS models. But I did see them around the B25 and B45. Not sure that East New York depot still carries TMC RTS.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Does anybody here know when the Queens surface GMC RTS were retired? I was surfing though Bustalk and these pics of QSC GMC RTS.. http://gallery.bustalk.info/displayimage.php?pid=6631&fullsize=1 I never knew that QSC had GMC RTS I thought they only had TMCs.

I remember riding a few of them when I was younger. I even rode 1 of the 2nd hand GM RTS's once!

Those RTS buses <R>just like R68 subway cars they really left their mark on most of us and I would hate to see them go because those new hybrids <R>garbage RTS rules man and R68 R68a and R62a rule as well let's hope they stay in revenue service as long as they can .We have only 1 in college pt depot and hat RTS is only used (4) the museum and rodeo displays. I drive a MCI all day but i didnt forget what I started with.:cool:RTS (K)<R>:tup:

Until sometime in 2005 it was common to see a GMC RTS since many of them ran from Fresh Pond depot. When the hybrids was introduced to Fresh Pond the GMC RTS were goners. Around May of 2005 it was very rare to see a GMC RTS that at times I see them run on the B52 or B54 bus in the 47xx series.

Those (the 47xx) were actually 1987 TMC RTSs, not GMCs. I believe the last 1987 TMC was retired in May 2005 from Fresh Pond, although I could be wrong.

Archived