<4><5>

LMAO!!! That and the conductor telling people the entire time from Canal St to South Ferry to be in the first five cars to exit there and there would still be people who sat there not knowing what was going on.

And those tourists in the last car would have to run like mad chickens at Rector.

Diamonds Should Olny Be used For Rush Hrs As For Expresses they Should Use A Diffrent Thing Maybe A Square Or Something

I disagree. There's really no need for a separate bullet for rush hour service, as there's no other variant of that service going on at that time, except the (6)<6>, (7)<7>, and MAYBE the <5>. There's no point differentiating if there's nothing to differentiate it with.

And a square would be too confusing. If you look carefully, those diamonds ARE squares tilted 45°...

I still dont think so, its like the <(A)> diamond when they had it for Rockaway Beach and it was meant for RH. Same for <(M)> when it went down west end to Bay pkwy but RH. Im mainly talking about the Maps, but same could apply to them..

Diamonds now do not specifically mean rush hour service. The <7> runs to Manhattan till 12 something. Then the <7> goes back to Flushing till 10. That's not rush hour, that's just peak direction. 12 noon is not rush hour.

Diamonds now mean an express service on the same route, in which a certain service offers both express and local variants of the same route in the same direction.

The previous Diamond Elimination Programme definition for diamonds is ambiguous. It may mean rush hour service and express service on the same route, when a local service on the same route in the same direction is offered at the same time. The A and the M do not fit in this category. It is not applicable in any measure. They are not expresses, therefore no diamonds could be applied. They are merely part-time extensions. They fit well under the doted line category.

Diamonds now do not specifically mean rush hour service. The <7> runs to Manhattan till 12 something. Then the <7> goes back to Flushing till 10. That's not rush hour, that's just peak direction. 12 noon is not rush hour.

Diamonds now mean an express service on the same route, in which a certain service offers both express and local variants of the same route in the same direction.

The previous Diamond Elimination Programme definition for diamonds is ambiguous. It may mean rush hour service and express service on the same route, when a local service on the same route in the same direction is offered at the same time. The A and the M do not fit in this category. It is not applicable in any measure. They are not expresses, therefore no diamonds could be applied. They are merely part-time extensions. They fit well under the doted line category.

I know, im talking about RH before when the Diamonds on the <(B)<(D)><(M)><(A)> and <(5)> existed, those were meant for Rush Hr Only Service, not Express (Except for maybe the <(D)> and <5>)

The Only reason why the (MTA) got rid of diamonds on those lines was becuz it was known as Rush Hr + Express(<6><7>) Service(Peak), which now is only Express Service, which doesnt seem fair to the <5> which runs express, although in the (MTA) view the <5> was used for peak service to/from 238th WP as well as Flatbush service, instead of Express from 180th to 149th. I think it should come back to ease confusion like i said before.

Just like the <6>/<7> which are Express for Bronx/Queens in peak direction..

I know, im talking about RH before when the Diamonds on the <(:)<(D)><(M)><(A)> and <(5)> existed, those were meant for Rush Hr Only Service, not Express (Except for maybe the <(D)> and <5>)

The Only reason why the (MTA) got rid of diamonds on those lines was becuz it was known as Rush Hr + Express(<6><7>) Service(Peak), which now is only Express Service, which doesnt seem fair to the <5> which runs express, although in the (MTA) view the <5> was used for peak service to/from 238th WP as well as Flatbush service, instead of Express from 180th to 149th. I think it should come back to ease confusion like i said before.

Just like the <6>/<7> which are Express for Bronx/Queens in peak direction..

No, the definition was ambiguous.

One of them meant a part-time extension. This fitted the <A>, <B>, <M>, <5> (Brooklyn) category.

The other was for an express service along the same route.

The 7 is peak service, but the express service does not cover rush hours. That is fact. 12 Noon is not rush hour.

The Bronx 5 service is a weird case. All 5 trains go express in one direction only during rush hours, I do not recall if there are local fives heading to either destination PM. This is not an express variant of itself.

The same goes for the D. That's why both lost the diamond.

I do Cause I Know Some People Who Wont Know Wether to take teh (B)or(D) during Rush Hour which is real funny

If they are literate and have to patience to read, they would know that the D skips a few stops and the B makes all the stops down Concourse, as well as CPW. It's on the signs! (And the map too, that is, if they bother to look)

I think the current way makes the most sense, why? When the (5) runs express in the Bronx, there is no local (5) running in the same direction, the (2) runs local. In other words in the AM rush the (5) runs express towards Manhattan, and no (5)'s run local towards Manhattan in the AM rush, the (2) runs local. IMO, you should only have a diamond route if there is local route that runs in the same direction as the express at the same time. With the <6> and <7>, there is a (7)/(6) local running in the same direction as the <7>/<6> express at the same time.

I think the current way makes the most sense, why? When the (5) runs express in the Bronx, there is no local (5) running in the same direction, the (2) runs local. In other words in the AM rush the (5) runs express towards Manhattan, and no (5)'s run local towards Manhattan in the AM rush, the (2) runs local. IMO, you should only have a diamond route if there is local route that runs in the same direction as the express at the same time. With the <6> and <7>, there is a (7)/(6) local running in the same direction as the <7>/<6> express at the same time.

Exactly. Thank you.

Exactly, it's not a variant of itself. IT IS ITSELF.

That is the same case for the D on Concourse.

Archived