Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Brighton Local

MTA Surplus Items For Sale

I did get a line sign a few weeks back.

DSC01427.jpg

Its the sign with the big (H). I need to find away to run it off household current.

I did get a line sign a few weeks back.

DSC01427.jpg

Its the sign with the big (H). I need to find away to run it off household current.

wow awsome collection! must have costed a fortune

I got a R40S # board from the MTA website back in February

Picture.jpg

wow awsome collection! must have costed a fortune

Some of it did, but I don't mind spending money on it.

I really don't want this thread to turn into the 2nd 'Your Transit Memorabilia' Thread, Im actually just questioning the board whether, they would go and drop $350.00 on a rollsign or not.. Just some opinions guys :cool:

I would go for it, by the time people start selling them on Ebay they may ask for alot more then $350. My sign was only $180 and I really regret not springing the full $350 for an R32/38 sign. If you like subway stuff and really like signs... DO IT! If in 10 or 15 years you don't want it taking up space, you can sell it and I'm sure by then someone will pay more for it. If you get a sign for $350 and in a few years sell it for $400, you made $50.

I would go for it, by the time people start selling them on Ebay they may ask for alot more then $350. My sign was only $180 and I really regret not springing the full $350 for an R32/38 sign. If you like subway stuff and really like signs... DO IT! If in 10 or 15 years you don't want it taking up space, you can sell it and I'm sure by then someone will pay more for it. If you get a sign for $350 and in a few years sell it for $400, you made $50.

I dont see myself ever selling it :)

I don't either, but if one day I found someone who would pay $1000 for a redbird sign, you better believe I would be less one sign.