This morning on the (N)

Harry

This morning for the first time I boarded a jammed packed R160 (N) train. From the begining of the train to the end. The whole entire train was packed. This was also the first time I got feel how the R160 rides with a full passenger load.

Suprisingly, the train still got me to work on time and without delay. The doors opened and closed fast in the stations. It seemed like commuters behave differently on the R160s. All in all, it was a decent ride to work this morning considering how packed the train was.

Man, I know how you feel about things being packed. For the first time, they only had two RTS buses at my school.. let me tell you, 40 seats on another bus makes a difference. From rides start to rides end I was standing.. uncomfortably.

At least you got to work on time, I was 15 minutes late. ;)

My first experience on a packed R160 was when I first rode the R160As when it was on the (A). Was still a damning good ride.

But yeah, packed trains and buses is something I used too. I should be especially use to it on PATH.

But back on topic with the R160s, yes Harry, ppl do act differently when on the R160s than any other subway car for some reason, especially when its packed, like what happened to me a while back on an R160 (N) going to Manhattan from Queens, packed, but still did good.

But back on topic with the R160s, yes Harry, ppl do act differently when on the R160s than any other subway car for some reason, especially when its packed, like what happened to me a while back on an R160 (N) going to Manhattan from Queens, packed, but still did good.

I'm noticing this for the first time.

Maybe the brighter lighting is the difference. Dark dull lights = dark dull attitudes. Bright light = bright attitudes.

I was thinking the same thing this afternoon. I believe that could have been difference. A jam packed R68 is always a nightmare with their dim dull lighting.

No doubts about, I think many daily riders on the N are impressed by the new R160s, despite a few glitches from time to time. The lightning brightens up the atmosphere; the ventilation is consistent, even the A cars. Being a daily rider during rush, it seems like the N has gotten a lot busier (and not to mention faster). For me, from 8 Av to 42nd/TS, it takes about 30 minutes or so. On the R68, it's longer by about 2 minutes.

Archived