(B)(D)(Q)(T)

DX Local Train

Really Maybe I Can Beleive That the (Q) will end up stoping in 125 while the (T) keeps going

There's a provision for an extension to the Bronx, but if history tells us anything... look at what happened to a lot of the provisions for the IND Second System.

And there's really no point in building this just yet.

The (Q)&(T) to Bronx? That I never heard of and it is not in the (MTA) plan.

Here is the page you can get latest updates to the SAS Project:

http://mta.info/capconstr/sas/index.html

Well there is in Wikipedia, there is a map on the right:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Avenue_Subway

Plus this:

An additional two-track connection is planned between the line towards Lower Manhattan (around 62nd Street) and the IND 63rd Street Line towards Queens; current plans don't call for it to be used by regular service. Provisions are also being made for an extension north under Second Avenue past 125th Street to the Bronx, and an extension south to Brooklyn. No track connection will be provided to the Chrystie Street Connection.

Even tho its wiki, sometimes its correct and sometimes its false, we just dunno but it could be possible

Although I will have to give a big disagreement over the (T)(Q) via the Concourse Line, seeing that it would cause an over crowed line with the (:)(On Rush Hours) and (D) with the (T)(Q). Plus theres only 3 tracks which would mean the local will suffer with terrible traffic.

I think it would be better to make the (T)(Q) run under 3rd avenue in the bronx and head maybe to Co-op City, to replace the Bx55(Or not) and brin back the 3rd ave Line.. Instead of an EL..

Here we go again. People getting all excited about a Bronx extension when the City takes 80 years to start building the Manhattan portion of the line.

And that section ( Manhattan) is NOT fully funded yet. Stop dreaming and speculating and face reality. We're still at the same point we were at the last time they started digging. And stopped.

And that section ( Manhattan) is NOT fully funded yet. Stop dreaming and speculating and face reality. We're still at the same point we were at the last time they started digging. And stopped.

Right on the money.

Phase 2-4 still require funding and the engineering is not quite complete.

It'll be a miracle if the Q ever gets to 96th Street.

Not happening anytime soon.

And Concourse? No way. It'll be overcrowded.

And if an extension is ever gonna happen (not in my lifetime lol), it should be extended so that it's a cross-Bronx subway so it can connect all the N-S Bronx lines.

Not happening anytime soon.

And Concourse? No way. It'll be overcrowded.

And if an extension is ever gonna happen (not in my lifetime lol), it should be extended so that it's a cross-Bronx subway so it can connect all the N-S Bronx lines.

Correct.

Concourse is a 3 tracked subway, had it been a four tracked subway, there could be some feasibility to run the SAS Bronx extension there. I believe the best thing for the people is, to have the SAS Bronx extension (after all four phases of the now-under construction SAS is complete in Manhattan is finished) follow the Third Avenue El. This will compensate for lost service.

And we also need a cross-Bronx subway, IMO, the Fordham Rd-Pelham corridor should be selected.

*****Nevertheless, we have to wait until all four phases of the SAS are completed. And that we have enough money to extend the line into the outer boroughs.*****

Wikipedia? Those guys on Wikipedia are only regular people doing stuff. It is not that accurate. (MTA) sit has more up-to-date and accurate info. And the (T) would be better being extended. The (Q) wouldn't benefit being extended to Concourse since rides will be longer and will also jam traffic on the Concourse. But, otherwise, I agree with your idea of a 3rd Ave. EL in the Bronx which both lines will benefit, :P!

Whoa, that was actually constructive. :tup:

I forgot how long the (Q) would be if it was to be extended, haha.

Well, as for the extension, it is possible because there are gonna be tail tracks that ends before the river, and tracks that doesn't follow the turn, but if it does become part of the plan, it might not happen for another 15 years.

Pftt.. 15 years? A lot more. Phase 4 should be completed in ~30 years from now, if everything goes according to schedule. After phase 4 is done, then maybe, just maybe will the (MTA) prepare to start thinking about a Bronx extension. Think about it, the (MTA) will not be quick on this. I'd say not to expect constitution to start on the Bronx extension until at least 15 years after phase 4 is done, which translates to ~2055. I'm not trying to be a pessimist, but I'm just thinking realistically.

Pftt.. 15 years? A lot more. Phase 4 should be completed in ~30 years from now, if everything goes according to schedule. After phase 4 is done, then maybe, just maybe will the (MTA) prepare to start thinking about a Bronx extension. Think about it, the (MTA) will not be quick on this. I'd say not to expect constitution to start on the Bronx extension until at least 15 years after phase 4 is done, which translates to ~2055. I'm not trying to be a pessimist, but I'm just thinking realistically.

Good point, the SAS is so slow, people are expecting high expectations, when only part of the project is funded.

Archived