Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trainspotter

Woman stabbed in subway robbery attempt

Woman stabbed in subway robbery attempt

A 51-year-old woman is recuperating at a hospital after being stabbed during an apparent robbery attempt while standing on a Queens subway platform.

Full story: AMNY icon_offsite.png - October 24, 2007

I hate when the press puts a 'fake' or the 'wrong' station name.

Its 169th St.

At least shes in stable condition, after taking it in the head, ouch..

Where was all the law enforcement?

Oh, thats right, theyre yelling at the photographers:eek:

What is it with people now stabbing other people in the head? Usually you shoot someone in the head, and stab them elsewhere on the body.

They charged him with assault, and criminal possession of a weapon. How about attempted murder charges. He stabbed her in her "bleeping" head. If he stabbed her in her leg, I can see not charging him with attempted murder, due to people rarely dying from a leg stab, or even gun shot wound to the leg/hip. But taking a knife to someones head, and then shoulder, come on. The PD and DA's office needs to set examples, and get their own "crap" together. These charges are too light.

What is it with people now stabbing other people in the head? Usually you shoot someone in the head, and stab them elsewhere on the body.

They charged him with assault, and criminal possession of a weapon. How about attempted murder charges. He stabbed her in her "bleeping" head. If he stabbed her in her leg, I can see not charging him with attempted murder, due to people rarely dying from a leg stab, or even gun shot wound to the leg/hip. But taking a knife to someones head, and then shoulder, come on. The PD and DA's office needs to set examples, and get their own "crap" together. These charges are too light.

Hey DOB,

maybe they're trying to keep the crime rate lower than having it elevate?:confused:

like i always say,

"Welcome to the New York City Subway"

Thats not portraying a very nice picture of NYC's mass transit. But eh, what are ya gonna do. If its true, its true.

That does not sound very good (ahem, duh)... but really, stabbed in the head, I've never heard of that before. And certainly, the police might have been able to do something, and the charges seem a little light... but as this doesn't happen often (preferably at all) I'll be satisfied.

That does not sound very good (ahem, duh)... but really, stabbed in the head, I've never heard of that before. And certainly, the police might have been able to do something, and the charges seem a little light... but as this doesn't happen often (preferably at all) I'll be satisfied.

Sure does contribute to the negative image of New York City's transit system, can't argue with that.

I've heard of people getting stabbed in the face before. It's rare, but this isn't the first.

I don't see why the charges shouldn't be increased to attempted murder. Suppose the woman had a health condition which, of course, the assailant had no knowledge of.

Thats not portraying a very nice picture of NYC's mass transit. But eh, what are ya gonna do. If its true, its true.

sadly it is not a nice thing but there is no hiding from the truth.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.