Restrooms for bus operators

ToneCapone

They should have a restroom on the buses. How much more can it cost? With the B/O the only one having a key and for their use only.

It takes away from passenger space, and now you have to add one of those special toilets... and a septic tank... and a water tank...

But the main reason is, it takes away from passenger space.

It takes away from passenger space, and now you have to add one of those special toilets... and a septic tank... and a water tank...

But the main reason is, it takes away from passenger space.

I see,but not all buses are packed,standing room only all of the time. So it isn't a matter of money but rather a space issue. I am sure it has been discussed within the ranks of the MTA.

• 3 weeks later...

At or near the ends of routes:

Bx1: Kingsbridge Branch Library on 231 St by Corlear Av

Bx3: McDonalds on Bway/236 St, La Carne steakhouse on Bway btw/183 and 184 Sts, any bathroom in GWB Bus Terminal

Bx7:Hyatt assisted living center

Bx9:McDonalds on Tremont at Devoe

Bx10: 204 St Branch Library

Bx11:La Carne steakhouse on Bway btw/183 and 184 Sts, any bathroom in GWB Bus Terminal

Bx13:La Carne steakhouse on Bway btw/183 and 184 Sts, any bathroom in GWB Bus Terminal

Bx15:I think inside the Sears store at Fordham Plaza

Bx16: 204 St Branch Library

Bx17: I think inside the Sears store at Fordham Plaza

Bx19: You can try the restrooms inside the Botanical Garden (they may not let you in, though)

Bx22:Bronx Science restrooms (If the food truck owner can do it, why not a B/O?)

Bx25:Bronx Science restrooms (If the food truck owner can do it, why not a B/O?)

Bx26:Bronx Science restrooms (If the food truck owner can do it, why not a B/O?)

Bx28:Fordham Central Library on Kingsbridge Rd

Bx30:204 St Branch Library

Bx34:204 St Branch Library

Bx35:La Carne steakhouse on Bway btw/183 and 184 Sts, any bathroom in GWB Bus Terminal

Bx36:La Carne steakhouse on Bway btw/183 and 184 Sts, any bathroom in GWB Bus Terminal

M4: I think inside the Cloisters

M5:La Carne steakhouse on Bway btw/183 and 184 Sts, any bathroom in GWB Bus Terminal

M98: I think inside the Cloisters

At or near the ends of routes:

Bx1: Kingsbridge Branch Library on 231 St by Corlear Av

Bx3: McDonalds on Bway/236 St, La Carne steakhouse on Bway btw/183 and 184 Sts, any bathroom in GWB Bus Terminal

Bx7:Hyatt assisted living center

Bx9:McDonalds on Tremont at Devoe

Bx10: 204 St Branch Library

Bx11:La Carne steakhouse on Bway btw/183 and 184 Sts, any bathroom in GWB Bus Terminal

Bx13:La Carne steakhouse on Bway btw/183 and 184 Sts, any bathroom in GWB Bus Terminal

Bx15:I think inside the Sears store at Fordham Plaza

Bx16: 204 St Branch Library

Bx17: I think inside the Sears store at Fordham Plaza

Bx19: You can try the restrooms inside the Botanical Garden (they may not let you in, though)

Bx22:Bronx Science restrooms (If the food truck owner can do it, why not a B/O?)

Bx25:Bronx Science restrooms (If the food truck owner can do it, why not a B/O?)

Bx26:Bronx Science restrooms (If the food truck owner can do it, why not a B/O?)

Bx28:Fordham Central Library on Kingsbridge Rd

Bx30:204 St Branch Library

Bx34:204 St Branch Library

Bx35:La Carne steakhouse on Bway btw/183 and 184 Sts, any bathroom in GWB Bus Terminal

Bx36:La Carne steakhouse on Bway btw/183 and 184 Sts, any bathroom in GWB Bus Terminal

M4: I think inside the Cloisters

M5:La Carne steakhouse on Bway btw/183 and 184 Sts, any bathroom in GWB Bus Terminal

M98: I think inside the Cloisters

Bx12: Bay Plaza restrooms or at 207th, McDonald's.

M15: Inside Whitehall Ferry Terminal, 126th Street Depot, Blimpies at City Hall

M22: Embassy Suites building or inside the WFC

Yeah but, if a B/O goes inside Bronx Science, there will be a "Mr Gimble" scare (Mr Gimble alert means there is an intruder in the building, for those who do not know Bronx Science lingo). Reidy (the principal) won't approve of that. The reason why the truck lady has access to them is because she's credible and many of the students depend on her for food. Kind of an exchange, I guess.

engineer boy thanks for your reply, it's been the best one so far. i made this thread not to be made fun of it's just that sometimes b/o's need alternatives from the customary restrooms used. once again thanks engineer boy

Manhattan

Goethal Institue Gallery on 86th St/5th Av

Acient Playground; Same side as 5th Av 84th St bus stop.

Metropolitan Museum of Art-

Uris Center Restroom is free zone not require to paid admission fee.

Grand Central Branch (During Library Hours)- 46th St near NE Lex Av.

Mid-Manhattan Library: Properly good for M1SB operator since bus stop at exit door.

More comes.

Manhattan

Roosevelt Island Branch

Tram Station (if tram is on island.

Any hospitals

Queens

LaGuardia Airport

JFK Airport- Terminal 4

Riker's Island

Airtrain JFK- Jamaica Station (B/O should use this restroom b/c it is much nicer than LIRR Restroom.

Queens Village: Queens Village Library

Westchester County (Bee-Line B/Os)

Galleria Mall of White Plains

Cross County Shopping Center

Westchester Community College

Westchester Medical Center

Good question...

of the bus terminals of routes here in Brooklyn...

- any route that terminates @ kings plaza... self explanatory..

- the B11, Q35, and short turn B44's often use the restroom inside the McDonalds...

- B12 drivers over there on parkside also use the restroom inside the McDonalds...

Archived