R142A 5 Train

Guest MTA Bus

Guest MTA Bus

I Was At Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall And I Saw A R142A (5) Train. It Said: (5) Lexington Av EXP (5) 149 St-Concoruse. I couldn't Get A Pic Because My Camera Died, But It Looked So ©OO(L).I Also Got To Ride One. It Had The (4) Route Map

I really wonder why more of these R142s weren't made for other lines. Not sure why I like them over the 160s...essentially they're pretty much the same only one has slanted bodies, different route maps and announcements. Even though it wasn't really a (1) I somehow got psyched at the possibility of R142s on the (1)...and yes i know the R62As are perfect for the line but yeah I guess its my preference.

The R142A probably appeared because the (5) was cut off from its yard today, and used extra sets from the (4). They can't be infrequent, because unless a case like this happens, the (5)/<5> uses solely R142s.

True, because i saw some R142 11xx/12xx series that are normally used on the (4) running the (5) as well.

The R142A probably appeared because the (5) was cut off from its yard today, and used extra sets from the (4). They can't be infrequent, because unless a case like this happens, the (5)/<5> uses solely R142s.

i dont get it, i thought there wasnt any (5) from E180th to BG?

With a G.O. at East 180th St the (5) would normally use Mosholu yard (4) equipment if (5) equipment was unavailable at 149th St-Grand Concourse station.

were u doing the G/o on the (5) this weekend? Or the (2) (Or (5) shuttle)/?

(5) trains run b/w Bowling Green and 149th Street-Grand Concourse

(5) Shuttle trains run b/w Eastchester-Dyre Avenue and East 180th Street every 30 minutes.

Don't you read the subway advisories on the (MTA) website?

umm yes.............. I read it and always doo. I wasnt asking wats the G/o , i was asking if he was doing the G/O.. o_0

Guest Charles
why are you keep nagging the R142A run on the (5) line.

i believe that (5) line usually start at 149 street grandconurse

to run into manhattan. in the (4) line platform. (5)

use R142A of (4). i dont even see (5) line use (6) R142A.

:confused:

why are you keep nagging the R142A run on the (5) line.

i believe that (5) line usually start at 149 street grandconurse

to run into manhattan. in the (4) line platform. (5)

use R142A of (4). i dont even see (5) line use (6) R142A.

Given on any GO there is no reason to have the 5 use Westchester equipment.

By the way, PBD, that's really hilarious!

With a G.O. at East 180th St the (5) would normally use Mosholu yard (4) equipment if (5) equipment was unavailable at 149th St-Grand Concourse station.

The (5) was using (4) line trains, as the (4) does not need all their trains on weekends. It is easier to get trains from Mosholu, and send then back there, since the (5) was running from Bowling Green to 149-Grand Concourse upper level, and terminating on the middle tracks (not 149-Grand Concourse lower level). There were more Kawasakis on the (5), this weekend than the Bombs. I got a couple of their numbers. Two ends were 7725 and 7675. The other I got a north motor on, it was 7701. Besides with that water trouble that happened Friday (I seen it flowing on track 4 north of 125), that flowed downward to where the (4) and (5) go, they had alot of issues, and some (4) trains ran up the west-side. It is possible they stored a few in 180st, and just used then on the weekend for (5) service in that area. This way the (4) line equipment could get back home, without a couple to a few relay moves.......

Archived