Question about Yellow "B" and "D" rollsigns

agonyisfun

During the 1986-1988 Closing of the North side Tracks on the Manhattan Bridge,were there actually yellow "B" and "D" rollsigns used for the respective trains or was it just printed on MTA maps? Thanks for the replies guys!!

It was supposed to be a temporary change, so the new signs were not made yet. except for the B-Queensboro Plaza (And I imagine also Astoria) on the slant 40's for some reason. Those were the only ones. Even the 68's, which started coming in then, did not have them originally. It was the cars coming back from GOH, and the 68A's that were the first to get the new signs reflecting the changes.

i remember in 1995 when i went to Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue for the first time, as i got off the (N) to transfer to the (D), i noticed the (F) sign was in the traditional orange, but the (:)(D) were in yellow as if they run on Broadway. even though i remember seeing yellow (B)(D) signs on some cars several times later, it confused me and i never knew why the yellow (B)(D) existed until nine years later, when i saw this map of the 1986-88 Manhattan Bridge reconstruction project:

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/caption.pl?/img/maps/system_1987.gif

i remember in 1995 when i went to Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue for the first time, as i got off the (N) to transfer to the (D), i noticed the (F) sign was in the traditional orange, but the (:)(D) were in yellow as if they run on Broadway. even though i remember seeing yellow (B)(D) signs on some cars several times later, it confused me and i never knew why the yellow (B)(D) existed until nine years later, when i saw this map of the 1986-88 Manhattan Bridge reconstruction project:

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/caption.pl?/img/maps/system_1987.gif

I remember those signs well too, that was on the bridge before they rebuilt the station.

Archived