Do you think the automated announcements on the Orion VII Next Gen are annoying?

Dave160

I'm pretty sure most of you who dislike the announcements have MP3 players or something related for entertainment, if you guys dont like em, blast that music or that show/movie/game in your ear or something. It's not like those announcements will ruin ya lives.

I'm pretty sure most of you who dislike the announcements have MP3 players or something related for entertainment, if you guys dont like em, blast that music or that show/movie/game in your ear or something. It's not like those announcements will ruin ya lives.

I guess their MP3 play ran out of songs or they ran out text messages on the Sidekicks or touch screech/flip phones so now they want to complain about a helpful announcement and ppl want to be future (MTA) workers......this is one ball of irony. And I thought I complain too much about certain bus models.....I try to respect ppl(s) opinions but this has gone way to far!

I guess their MP3 play ran out of songs or they ran out text messages on the Sidekicks or touch screech/flip phones so now they want to complain about a helpful announcement and ppl want to be future (MTA) workers......this is one ball of irony. And I thought I complain too much about certain bus models.....I try to respect ppl(s) opinions but this has gone way to far!

How does the NGs announcements help future MTA workers? Nobody compains about your constant whining about Non NG CNG buses and OG Orion VII HEV and this thread has not gone way too far. No bus or train is perfect, even the RTS has flaws like cramped driver area, holding down the brake hurts the driver knees etc. Your acting like the NGs are perfect, theres some good things about them like the quietier engine, braking gives energy back to the hybrid battery etc. But IMO those automated anncements are a flaw, if they played once in a blue moon they would be ok, but they play every time somebody rings the bell!!!!

Btw have you ever rode an NG on the B2 or B49? on those route people get off at almost every stop.

How does the NGs announcements help future MTA workers? Nobody compains about your constant whining about Non NG CNG buses and OG Orion VII HEV and this thread has not gone way too far. No bus or train is perfect, even the RTS has flaws like cramped driver area, holding down the brake hurts the driver knees etc. Your acting like the NGs are perfect, theres some good things about them like the quietier engine, braking gives energy back to the hybrid battery etc. But IMO those automated anncements are a flaw, if they played once in a blue moon they would be ok, but they play every time somebody rings the bell!!!!

Btw have you ever rode an NG on the B2 or B49? on those route people get off at almost every stop.

How they are a flaw? They are helpful.....Have you rode the other buses other than a NG where the B/O have to shout over the speaker "move to rear of the bus or use the back doors". How many adversitements where on the RTS's way back when it said pls use the rare doors? I don't have to ride a B2 or B49 to know what I'm talking about and 2nd of I barely complain about the buses I dislike on here maybe an expection of the LFSA (but that's a different story)....I keep my comments to myself. And b4 you call me out my character....you complained about the VII's especially the NG's more than I did, so your're no different than I am. If the passengers dislike the announcements they can tell the B/O can they turn it off. Yes no bus is perfect and I can agree to that. Its not about me liking the NG's and whatnot....its just a damn announcement that's all. That was my point. You guys can dislike me for all I care!

I rode it on the B44 and Bx28 and listen the Bx28 gets packed door to door, Orion V or Orion VII NG it don't matter. I realized MTR was right, it's played just like "Stand clear of the closing doors" is played, but people never stand clear they try to block the doors to get in. People so far don't use the rear level to stand on for NGs even with announcements, drivers still have to turn the bus off to get them to move back, I even curse them passengers out usually when this happens. It's a simple procedure, move to the damn back. :tdown:

How they are a flaw? They are helpful.....Have you rode the other buses other than a NG where the B/O have to shout over the speaker "move to rear of the bus or use the back doors". How many adversitements where on the RTS's way back when it said pls use the rare doors? I don't have to ride a B2 or B49 to know what I'm talking about and 2nd of I barely complain about the buses I dislike on here maybe an expection of the LFSA (but that's a different story)....I keep my comments to myself. And b4 you call me out my character....you complained about the VII's especially the NG's more than I did, so your're no different than I am. If the passengers dislike the announcements they can tell the B/O can they turn it off. Yes no bus is perfect and I can agree to that. Its not about me liking the NG's and whatnot....its just a damn announcement that's all. That was my point. You guys can dislike me for all I care!

Yes, I rode an NG on the B41 and the driver did have to yell "please move to the back of the bus!". And the B/O can't turn off the automated anncements on the NGs! Yes, its just announcement but its really annoying and non busfan riders find them annoying as well!

I rode it on the B44 and Bx28 and listen the Bx28 gets packed door to door, Orion V or Orion VII NG it don't matter. I realized MTR was right, it's played just like "Stand clear of the closing doors" is played, but people never stand clear they try to block the doors to get in. People so far don't use the rear level to stand on for NGs even with announcements, drivers still have to turn the bus off to get them to move back, I even curse them passengers out usually when this happens. It's a simple procedure, move to the damn back. :tdown:

Yes, the Bx28 is packed from end to end. That is one of the reasons why the line is running artics.

I recall the times when I have to board the Bx28 from Jerome Avenue to school, the B/O would scold at us to move in. But we can't. We're literally squeezed to death inside the NG.

Sometimes, we're forced to move out through the front. Especially since the front door is the closest to the intersection we have to use and also because the students prefer to congregate by the front door.

Yes, I rode an NG on the B41 and the driver did have to yell "please move to the back of the bus!". And the B/O can't turn off the automated anncements on the NGs! Yes, its just announcement but its really annoying and non busfan riders find them annoying as well!
Well looks like you don't know what you're talking about I rode with Michelle and she turned off the "Please exit from the rear door" announcement. So did this Bx30 driver. What made you think they can't turn off that announcement? You can also take away the air assist on the back doors, along with the bell on any bus in the MTA (well MCI's don't got back doors).

Well looks like you don't know what you're talking about I rode with Michelle and she turned off the "Please exit from the rear door" announcement. So did this Bx30 driver. What made you think they can't turn off that announcement? You can also take away the air assist on the back doors, along with the bell on any bus in the MTA (well MCI's don't got back doors).

Well that funny because an B/O on another forum said that B/Os can't control those automated annouements that like the "assulting bus operators is a felony" and the "cash fare announcement" theres nothing the B/O can do about those. Maybe they can turn off the rear door announcement but they can't turn off those other two.

I can't exactly say this for sure because I never rode an Orion 7 NG, but the announcements can't be that bad. Every time you ride an NTT you hear Charlie Pellet say "Stand Clear of the Closing Doors Please!" and no one gets annoyed at that. Besides, you can't just tune it out anyway? Whenever I'm riding a bus, I'm looking out the window, and listening to the engine. The announcements I don't pay attention to

Well that funny because an B/O on another forum said that B/Os can't control those automated annouements that like the "assulting bus operators is a felony" and the "cash fare announcement" theres nothing the B/O can do about those. Maybe they can turn off the rear door announcement but they can't turn off those other two.
Big effing deal. Older buses play that cash fare announcement and others too.

I can't exactly say this for sure because I never rode an Orion 7 NG, but the announcements can't be that bad. Every time you ride an NTT you hear Charlie Pellet say "Stand Clear of the Closing Doors Please!" and no one gets annoyed at that. Besides, you can't just tune it out anyway? Whenever I'm riding a bus, I'm looking out the window, and listening to the engine. The announcements I don't pay attention to

Skip to 3:03-05 and tell me if that's annoying or helpful!

Skip to 3:03-05 and tell me if that's annoying or helpful!

Helpful! Thats not annoying at all! People here are overreacting. Besides, people should exit through the rear door, but don't. Maybe this announcement will knock it into their ignorant heads!

I rode 3801 on the M 60 today and I didn't hear ''please exit the rear door'' announcements.Only one time through the whole ride I heard ''assaulting bus operators is a felony" and the wheelchair lift was broken too.

I find all of the Orion VII HEVs to be annoying. I can't stand either one. However, if I had to choose 1-it'd be the NG. The drivers and certain riders simply foam over these montrosities.

For example: Every single bus that I saw on a LGA and JFK route this weekend was an Orion VII. Almost every single RTS was sitting there not being used at LGA Depot. IMO, I think RTSs should be used every single day...even on a weekend. The Orion VIIs should NOT be the only buses out on the weekends and I feel the MTA has to change that.

The announcements ont he NGs are highly annoying. However, if you shut the bell off, then you'll have to listen to people screaming next stop...so IMO, you're screwed if you have that bus. I miss the RTSs, Fishbowls and Orion Vs and will miss them when they're all gone. Why the obsession with this Orion VII Bus? Why? :mad:

• 5 months later...

I was in Boston over the weekend and took the No. 71 bus from Watertown to Harvard Square, and the bus had automated announcements for every intersection at which there was a stop (i.e. the name of the cross street was announced), regardless of whether anyone was getting on or off. Every time someone pressed the stop request button, a loud "Stop Requested" announcement was made. It wasn't all that annoying at all, and for someone not familiar with the town, very helpful. I don't know what the regular riders think of it, but none of them seemed particularly displeased.

I haven't been on too many O7 NGs, but do remember the "please exit through the rear door" announcement, which I do not find annoying but rather redundant (people near the rear door will find it easier to use the rear door anyway, and those near the front use the front door regardless).

I like the announcements, it's a nice change from hearing nothing, maybe because I'm not used to new buses.

I like the announcements on CS's NG's better than JAM's NG's but I still like them both, I hear a female voice on the Q20/44 and a male voice on the Q85 so it's a better than just having just one voice.

They should've made the announce say for example, "Stop Requested" or "Your Stop Is Requested". Thats better than saying" Please Exit Thru The Rear Door". What if someone was close to the front door why would that person exit thru the rear doors. People outside are suppose to wait for people inside the bus to exit before boarding. Thats just common sense to me.

Archived