Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Shortline Bus

Q59 B24 B60 B44/46 Q54 and the Williamsburgh Bridge plaza thread

In maybe the last service upgrade for while, the MTA quietly on 4/5/09 extended the Q59 Brooklyn terminal to/from Williamsburg Plaza?

This Q-59 short extension, firstly restores bus service along Broadway in Willamsburg between Kent Ave and Wahington Plaza(aka Willie B terminal) for first time in several years.

Second and most important it now creates an easy transfer to all of the routes that end/start at Williamsburg plaza ie B24, Q54 B39, B44, B46, B60, etc.

Feel free to comment on any of the "Willie B' Terminal buses such as the B39 B44 B46 Q54 and B60.

My suggestions on Williamsburg area buses

1)Since the B39 is on the chopping block for instance one idea i like to see is mergering the B39 and Q59.

2) Extend the Q104 via Greenpoint Ave, West St/Kent Ave and Broadway to/from Washington Plaza.

3)Run the B24(renamed B94)between 48th St/Queens Blvd and Willie B via existing southern portion of B24 route ie BQE, metro ave.

there is a huge UPS center in area of Brooklyn/Queens border off the LIE interchange at Maurice Ave.

4)Terminate the B13(if that part of route is saved from doomesday cuts north of Mytrle/Wyckoff)to the Lorimer St/Grand (L)(G) station.

I have couple of more if you guys want to hear but i thought this is a start

Any reactions?

B39 is going to disappear soon. They could have at least combined it with another service, easing the situation at the WB Terminal.

Agreed. IMO i would merge the B39 with the Q59. It's the shortest route of all of the routes at WBP and could attract riders in Bushwick/East Williamsburg and Maspeth who use the overcrowded (L) train.

Agreed. IMO i would merge the B39 with the Q59. It's the shortest route of all of the routes at WBP and could attract riders in Bushwick/East Williamsburg and Maspeth who use the overcrowded (L) train.

The customers could head to Delancey and take the F once in Manhattan.

And it clears some space at the WB terminal, the combined route could stop outside of the terminal.

The customers could head to Delancey and take the F once in Manhattan.

And it clears some space at the WB terminal, the combined route could stop outside of the terminal.

Hey buddy we should be in operations planning at the (MTA) lol. This merger saves money and yet no body loses service. Only possible negative of a merged Q59/B39 is 'willie b' bridge traffic though.

Hey buddy we should be in operations planning at the (MTA) lol. This merger saves money and yet no body loses service. Only possible negative of a merged Q59/B39 is 'willie b' bridge traffic though.

I'd be blessed if any member of the MTA board reads this forum and all of its contents.

Once again, thank you Harry for making this sharing of ideas possible.