Railfan Trip on 04/15/09

So, can you guys wait for me and count me in? I am going and how much should I have on my Metro?

I have a full day tomorrow since the trip was moved. So, meet-up at Roosevelt Bus Term at 11:00AM right? I can do it since I am one express away, :(!

Call me Kevin, :o!

Oh sure, but Kris and I will be there around 10:40.

Like I said at RD I'm in. I really don't feel like doing the bus portion of the trip, but railfanning with a group involves compromising.

Yeah, i'd like to come along but i'm not a bus guy either lol. Where do you fellas expect to be around 1-2 PM? I have Urbanfortitudes number, I could always ask him at the last minute...just figuring what time I would have to get on the LIRR...

Yeah, i'd like to come along but i'm not a bus guy either lol. Where do you fellas expect to be around 1-2 PM? I have Urbanfortitudes number, I could always ask him at the last minute...just figuring what time I would have to get on the LIRR...

We will probably be around Jay for food, I guess? Not quite sure. Urbanfortitude will call you then.

So, can you guys wait for me and count me in? I am going and how much should I have on my Metro?

I have a full day tomorrow since the trip was moved. So, meet-up at Roosevelt Bus Term at 11:00AM right? I can do it since I am one express away, :)!

Call me Kevin, :)!

Sure.

Have 2 to 4 bucks on your card.

Reminders (you, know, to keep everything organised and flowing):

-A sticker attached to your jacket or shirt that indicates your name and your handle. (That will help us out. We don't want to YO each other)

-Bring some money for food (5-10?) Unless you are bringing food from home.

-A MetroCard (duh..., how else are you going to enter the system? Freeload?)

-A camera or anything that has a camera device (like how else are you going to take shots? Pencil and paper?)

Just some tips and heads-up for our crew :cool:

By the way, we will exchange numbers (optional) so that we will not lose each other along the way. (I hope that does not happen)

I'm not in the 2nd grade. I'm not wearing a sticker. However, I'll tell you how I look like-6 feet tall, 200 pounds, glasses, African-American, wearing Giants cap.

Lol, that's why I'm not wearing one either...I'll be with Henry so if people see Harold and Kumar they know they're in the right place.

Is 8 Bucks cool? (I am purchasing the value one).

Cool, but for phone number. If we are mostly underground then I ain't bringing no phone. And restaurant at Jay. How many minutes are we eating? Dine-in (fast-food style, no tip) or take-out.

No. It has to be exactly 4 bucks or else we will kick you off the train when the SMEE (F) finally arrives.

Yes, 8 bucks is ok...

We're technically staying outside for most of the time, save for the (A) getting from the Rockaways to the Culver, and back on CPW. We're not going to a restaurant, but we'll look for a random place at Jay to eat. I just looked at Street View on Google Maps and there is a Subway restaurant at Jay St. We'll spend 10-15 minutes eating (probably will take 20). We're just buying lunch, nothing fancy.

Lol, that's why I'm not wearing one either...I'll be with Henry so if people see Harold and Kumar they know they're in the right place.

No. It has to be exactly 4 bucks or else we will kick you off the train when the SMEE (F) finally arrives.

Yes, 8 bucks is ok...

We're technically staying outside for most of the time, save for the (A) getting from the Rockaways to the Culver, and back on CPW. We're not going to a restaurant, but we'll look for a random place at Jay to eat. I just looked at Street View on Google Maps and there is a Subway restaurant at Jay St. We'll spend 10-15 minutes eating (probably will take 20). We're just buying lunch, nothing fancy.

Is an unlimited metrocard okay? I won't have a sticker unfortunately, but i will look for you guys.

Thanks to all of those who came with us!

While we didn't do much today, aside from "train hopping" on the F, the trip was certainly memorable.

You guys are so lucky, I hope the trip went well for everyone I bet the mainstay was on the (F)!

I just got back from the trip. Despite the dreary weather it was fun. It started at Roosevelt Avenue terminal. I saw R160B8713, MTR, AWWang, and a few other people from NYCTF. We took the Q53 to the Rockaway Blvd station. The good news was that it was a RTS, not an Orion VII. From there we boarded the A train. We got a R44 with a railfan window. All was well until this chubby Asian cop boarded at JFK Airport. He saw one of the members making a video. He reprimanded the group but no one got arrested. At Broad Channel we got off and took a few pics. We took the R40 A train back to Jay Street.

After a lunch break we took the R160 F train to Smith/9 street. We switched to a R46 F train and took that to Ditmas. Many people in the group wanted to ride the R32 or R42 F. However, it didn't come. We settled for another R160 F train and took that to Coney Island. At Coney Island a R32 F train pulled in. I was so angry. Unfortunately, everyone else was ecstatic. I took one for the team and boarded the R32 F train. We rode it back to Smith/9 street before going our own way. Despite riding the R32 I still had fun. Even though I'm only 24 I felt like an old man hanging out with a bunch of teenagers. Still, it felt good to railfan.

lol yeah seriously. But at least he couldn't ruin the trip. I loved the mass numbers of slants today. That was amazing! We even saw an R46 (A) train. The bus ride turned out not to be so bad too.

Hey Forest why were ya angry about the R32 showing up?

We definitely gotta do this again guys.

(Also for those who might be wondering...the white castles had no negative side-effects on me -_- )

Archived