(C)&(D) via Grand Concourse

DX Local Train

I for one think that the (C) once again run on the concourse. With The (C)&(D) on the concourse it provides Both 8Av&6Av Transit

Alot Of People Ride The (:) To 145 Rush Hour And Tranfer To The (A)(C) At 59 With The© On The Concourse they wont have to do that

well thats just my opinion

I agree, I think a 8th Avenue line should go to concourse. I think the (C) should run to Bedford Park Blvd during the rush, and 145th during its normal running hours. The (B) should run to 168th street with the (A) so people there also have the option of 6th Avenue.

I agree, I think a 8th Avenue line should go to concourse. I think the (C) should run to Bedford Park Blvd during the rush, and 145th during its normal running hours. The (:) should run to 168th street with the (A) so people there also have the option of 6th Avenue.

Thank you I totally Agree then theres a choice between 8av and 6av and theres no need for tranfer

Why? The C needs access to the barn at 174th I think. Plus the operations are simpler. What good would the C do if it remained at Concourse?

Storage, sometimes the (C) trains that terminated at bedford park would be stored in Bedford Park, some goes to 207th, and some to pitkin yards.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.1; en-us; dream) AppleWebKit/525.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Mobile Safari/523.12.2)

There is no barn at 174th St. That's just a few layup tracks, also used for the relays.

But it's true that things are simplified with the (C) using both 207 and Euclid on both ends with the (A).

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.1; en-us; dream) AppleWebKit/525.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Mobile Safari/523.12.2)

There is no barn at 174th St. That's just a few layup tracks, also used for the relays.

But it's true that things are simplified with the (C) using both 207 and Euclid on both ends with the (A).

The operations are much simpler, that's why they switched in the first place in the late 90s.

Why? The C needs access to the barn at 174th I think. Plus the operations are simpler. What good would the C do if it remained at Concourse?

I thought the reason why the (C) switched with the (:) is to have the color of the line match with the same. Example (C) and (A) is blue so then it would be with it, same for the (B)(D)

btw does relay mean storage? I forgot x(

I thought the reason why the (C) switched with the (:) is to have the color of the line match with the same. Example (C) and (A) is blue so then it would be with it, same for the (B)(D)

btw does relay mean storage? I forgot x(

That's a common thought, I had that thought myself before. But it's much more than that. It's about operations.

Actually, it is more ideal to have the different colors, since that gives each branch a choice of trunk lines. Hence, the IND Queens and IRT retain their inter trunk line pairings on the outer branches.

It's just with the (:P and (C), it happened to be more operationally efficient to have the same trunks together, both in terms of equipment sharing; plus the reorganized districts being formed at the time (A/C "North"; B/D "South").

Agreed, the C crews won't like it. Go tell them to run a train from Bedford Park to Euclid, making ALL local stops.

I'm sure they didn't like it before March 1, 1998, and I'm sure they won't like it today. Although the (C) gives a one-seat ride to Concourse riders for 8th Av, it being a local all the way down doesn't make me believe that people are going to take it to below 59th St. If they don't, then the (:P serves that purpose today. I honestly think they'd ditch it for the (A), but that's just me.

I'm sure they didn't like it before March 1, 1998, and I'm sure they won't like it today. Although the (C) gives a one-seat ride to Concourse riders for 8th Av, it being a local all the way down doesn't make me believe that people are going to take it to below 59th St. If they don't, then the (:P serves that purpose today. I honestly think they'd ditch it for the (A), but that's just me.

Honestly, it's not that bad of a transfer. Just get off at any station between 135th and 59th and you could switch to the C from the B. Or at 125th and 59th from the D to the A or C. Cross platform transfers. Not that bad.

Archived