(C)&(D) via Grand Concourse

DX Local Train

I really do not think the crews will care if the (C) Goes via Concourse bacause of length. Come on, thats ridiculous. Look at several lines now that go their regular routes or what could happen in the future.

The (F) During its normal route makes 43 stops. Now thats Local and Express.

The (2) Late Night local makes 63 stops.

The (R) makes 44 stops along the regular route.

The (4) Local to New Lots makes 53 stops.

The (D) Local would make 50 stops.

If the (C) WERE to go via Concourse, it would have to make 46 stops.

So i dont think the Crews would care.Theres worse.

I really do not think the crews will care if the (C) Goes via Concourse bacause of length. Come on, thats ridiculous. Look at several lines now that go their regular routes or what could happen in the future.

The (F) During its normal route makes 43 stops. Now thats Local and Express.

The (2) Late Night local makes 63 stops.

The (R) makes 44 stops along the regular route.

The (4) Local to New Lots makes 53 stops.

The (D) Local would make 50 stops.

If the (C) WERE to go via Concourse, it would have to make 46 stops.

So i dont think the Crews would care.Theres worse.

The 2 and 4 late night runs are not frequent and they are late night only. So that is moot. There's no choice but to do that.

Besides number of stations, you have to look at route mileage as well. Extending the C to Concourse means adding a lot of miles to the line.

It's not much about number of stations. Yes, they would have to make a lot of announcements. It's about the operations. It would make much more sense to put the A and C together in the "North" division and the B and the D in the "South".

I think a T/O or a C/R should tell us why these lines switched the northern terminals back then in the first place.

The 2 and 4 late night runs are not frequent and they are late night only. So that is moot. There's no choice but to do that.

What about in the Winter time when thats frequent because of cold weather and they have to store trains on the express tracks. YOU try sitting in a (2) Local from 174th Street to the last stop in Brooklyn. That sucks big time.

Besides number of stations, you have to look at route mileage as well. Extending the C to Concourse means adding a lot of miles to the line.

It's not much about number of stations. Yes, they would have to make a lot of announcements. It's about the operations. It would make much more sense to put the A and C together in the "North" division and the B and the D in the "South".

I think a T/O or a C/R should tell us why these lines switched the northern terminals back then in the first place.

yea Right We need a T/O to settle this once and for all

So please tell me what im saying wrong cause i really dont under stand what im saying wrong?

"No Im Just Trying To Get people to under stand my opinion like i under stand theres"

You see theres is supposed to be their.

"Thank You It really Wouldent madder at all"

Wouldn't, matter

"No Im Just Trying To Get people to under stand my opinion like i under stand theres"

You see theres is supposed to be their.

"Thank You It really Wouldent madder at all"

Wouldn't, matter

Okay man, this is a transit forum, not a grammar school.

Regarding the topic, while the main benefit is to provide Concourse riders an option of 6th Avenue and 8th Avenue service, you have to understand why the switcheraoo was done back in the 90's.

Archived