Liberty Lines

robb911

Hey guys, I just got my CDL B permit with all the necessary endorsement and i see that the liberty lines that operate throughout Westchester County, and Express bus service between Yonkers, The Bronx and Manhattan, is open for applicants to send in the resume for employment....I know MTA is laying or planing to lay off people so just wondering is it pointless to even try with them? And how come if there MTA is there no test for it like a regular B/O? thx in advance for your responses.

And how come if there MTA is there no test for it like a regular B/O? thx in advance for your responses.

Not all B/O jobs are civil service jobs. If it's not civil service than they can hire who ever they want because there is no test. It's the same for T/O's. That is a civils service job with the TA but NOT with LIRR or MNR.

Yeah,some people just don't have the patience. .

Hey hey relax loco :( Its just usually i get a response a few hours later on this site so when its been a day and a half im like maybe they're not sure....:) but anyways thanx for the info as always guys....It'd be nice if i can get in so wish me luck!!

Oh i forgot to ask...is the salary similar to (MTA) Bus?

The pay scale for MTA Bus goes by the depot(different contracts). If I remember correctly DOB2RTO wrote once in here that Yonkers is the highest paid out of the 7. Good luck Robb! :tup:

Dug up a post that DOB2RTO wrote awhile ago.

"I did say if I was going to drive for a living I would do it for Liberty Lines (Bee-Line). Far superior equipment, hardly ever see a supervisor, nice long runs while making a buck and change less than the crush loaded NYCTA. Saying this, today I seen a Liberty Lines (Bee-Line) driver, yelling at some a-hole in a car along South B'way near diarrhea burger hut. Soon as I seen that, I said I will pass school car. Driving isn't what it use to be. To many people dare you to hit them when you drive a bus, so they do things thinking you can't and won't do anything back."

Liberty Lines had operated two services. WCDOT Bee-Line, and NYCDOT Liberty Lines Express. LLE was taken over by MTA. WCDOT Bee-Line, was not. Liberty Lines only hires for Bee-Line bus operators. They are a private company, contracted to do work for Westchester County, with WCDOT buses. They are not civil service, due to the fact they are private. Even in the MTA, MaBSTOA, and MTA Bus is not civil service, but they are civil servants. They work for the public. As for Liberty Lines, it is best to apply in person, and not on-line, as they will have you come in anyways, to fill out an actual application. I applied there many times, and the only way I was ever called (twice), was when I spoke to the HR manager, and told them I knew such and such, and they told me to speak to you. If they really need people, they will call anyone. If not, you know someone, it is easier to get in. They are large, but yet small enough, to let nepotism reign supreme most of the times. I had applied for them since 2000 and beyond. Now I'm content where I am at.........

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

^...... thx for the info..... I guess I'll head up there shortly... Don't know anybody that works fir them though :-/ but hey it can't hurt..... It's crazy that I decide to take this route as the economy sinks into oblivion but I hope something good can happen...^^... when they called you twice what happened?

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

^...... thx for the info..... I guess I'll head up there shortly... Don't know anybody that works fir them though :-/ but hey it can't hurt..... It's crazy that I decide to take this route as the economy sinks into oblivion but I hope something good can happen...^^... when they called you twice what happened?

I know what you mean,I don't think any of us said to ourselves when we were back in High School..."I want to be a bus driver"...I had to be talked into taking the B/O exam. I give much respect to all of the bus drivers out there,it isn't as easy as it looks. No job is beneath us.

I know what you mean,I don't think any of us said to ourselves when we were back in High School..."I want to be a bus driver"...I had to be talked into taking the B/O exam. I give much respect to all of the bus drivers out there,it isn't as easy as it looks. No job is beneath us.

I always wanted to do it, since I was a young-yin.......

First time I was interviewed. I had a pending speeding ticket though, was convicted, and wasn't hired. This was for the express division (LLE). The second time my record was clean, but I was hired by OA, and since I was also on the list for T/O, I went with MTA......

Archived