R46 (A) Train and End of R40 Slants

trainspot12

I was told there are 3 consists of 40 Slants running still.

Within next two weeks, should be gone..

Dunno why though, Hit 52+ on the flats, and the braking was great..

Still tryin' to hit that elusive 50....woulda had it last week on a R44 if the damn Shuttle wasnt sitting in Broad channel.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The R32's outlasted the 26's by two years. The R26 was taken OOS after 43 years of service. The 32's are approaching their 45th year in service. Hell, the 36's didn't get to see 40.

Heck no. Stainless steel cars all the way! I bet you that by the time R44s are taken OOS because of their carbon steel structure, there will STILL be some R32s left!

Funny mentioning that the R36s didn't see 40 :( At least the 38s did.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

As of 9:30pm at far rockaway the slants are no more

Dang, they wouldn't allow another run to 207th Street? Aww, man!!!

So what happened afterwards?

I cant believe this the R40s was the only car I liked riding on in the rockaways now I gotta ride the crappy r44 and the messed up mixed up sets of the r46:cry: rest in peace (R)-(4)0(S)(L)(A)(N)(T) 1968-2009

If you're a payin' customer then slants are very uncomfortable seating wise, 44's and 46's have much more comfortable seats.....Buuuuttt if you're a motorman then your point makes sense.

Archived