Botched subway alerts led to man getting run over

Trainspotter

To further clarify things the TA issues rule books to each employee which point out each person's duties in each title. They are updated from time to time to show the changes made in the interim. The oldest rule book I have shows the duties of everyone in the RTO (subways) department from T/M on down to the C/R in Charge and the title most people now know as C/R. The T/M was the trainmaster who was the head man in charge. I looked up to them because the 3 gentleman I met who had the title had the most knowledge of subway operations and the department as a whole that I have ever seen. I could mention a signal in Brooklyn or a switch in the Bronx and they knew immediately the location and the surroundings without ever having to look it up.. As far as I know there are no rule books in the public domain ( unless E-bay or the museum has them ) so don't be offended if I sometimes refer to them like everyone has one. Sorry to have been so brusque and rude.

• 1 month later...

First I'm glad the customer lived. I would say maybe there was a radio deadspot however the station clerk maybe should of called for a shutdown of power.Do station clerks have flashlights in their booths because no matter how we all look at this the train was comming so everybody that knew should of stopped at nothing to hail the oncomming train to stop.

First I'm glad the customer lived. I would say maybe there was a radio deadspot however the station clerk maybe should of called for a shutdown of power.Do station clerks have flashlights in their booths because no matter how we all look at this the train was comming so everybody that knew should of stopped at nothing to hail the oncomming train to stop.

It woild not matter if the clerk had a flashlight or not since he/she could lose their job for leaving the booth. When I had read the article, it sounded as though the clerk was on the platform out of the booth.

Archived