So the (C) won't run R160's right now...

Homeslice

As I understand it, the (C) isn't expected to use R160 trains. Trouble is, all they have are R32's and R38's, which are both well on their way out. What will they do for the (C) once they run out?

Then again, it doesn't run on weekends, so I imagine not very much.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As I understand it, the (C) isn't expected to use R160 trains. Trouble is, all they have are R32's and R38's, which are both well on their way out. What will they do for the (C) once they run out?

R38s are gone my freind;). They retired the last pair a few weeks ago..Perhaps the (C) will use R46s...?

Well the MTA is working on a way to change voltage at the Rockaway Bridge that is currently a dead spot for all AC powered train. They been sending R160s down there to test. Once that is resolved, the R160s will be transferred to Pinkit so they can run on the (A) and (C).

Until, then the (C) will continue to run R32's. If they decide to put R46's on the (C), it will be a full 8 car set. Which can be soon so watch out.

Well the MTA is working on a way to change voltage at the Rockaway Bridge that is currently a dead spot for all AC powered train. They been sending R160s down there to test. Once that is resolved, the R160s will be transferred to Pinkit so they can run on the (A) and (C).

Until, then the (C) will continue to run R32's. If they decide to put R46's on the (C), it will be a full 8 car set. Which can be soon so watch out.

All 8 car trains are going to ENY, from what I know.

it only ran on Easter and before that It haven't run on weekends since January

Jay Street construction, they had to knock the C out. I mean, where else would you terminate it at?

in that case it seems like those R42s remainging in ENY runnging on the J/Z line will be sent somewhere else...

They will stay where they are until their replacements arrive. It seems to me that the newer R160As from the second option order will go to the L, rather than the J or the Z. The J and the Z will use R160s from the L. The reason is, that the newer cars will have CBTC.

@ mta and PBD...I Understand. Would it seem as though the 2nd safest line to run CBTC would be the Nassau Exp? They only share lines with the M, and thats only from Myrtle to broad Street..

MTR*, I'll shoot myself in the foot, if I wrote MTA.

It would be great, but it's not happening anytime soon.

You know, it's me, but I kinda think the (C) should be extended from Euclid Avenue on down to Lefferts Blvd, make that the terminus for the (C) and leave the (A) 's terminus as Far Rockaway (and Rockaway Park on rush hours). The (A) and (C) would finally split apart at Rockaway Blvd. The (A) doesn't need three terminuses IMO.

You know, it's me, but I kinda think the (C) should be extended from Euclid Avenue on down to Lefferts Blvd, make that the terminus for the (C) and leave the (A) 's terminus as Far Rockaway (and Rockaway Park on rush hours). The (A) and (C) would finally split apart at Rockaway Blvd. The (A) doesn't need three terminuses IMO.

Word, everyone wants that to happen, but the thing is, the community members are going to complain about how they lost a one seat express ride. IMO, it's not that big of a deal. Just transfer at Rockaway Blvd or something. Don't whine about it.

The (C) will most likely use R46's because There are now R160's in Jamaica Yard with extra R46's, which I see going to the (C).

The (C) will most likely use R46's because There are now R160's in Jamaica Yard with extra R46's, which I see going to the (C).
Once the R32s are all gone, the C would become full length with the R46s. The A would remain R44 with a few sets of R46s. The F will be half R46 (208) and half R160. Once the base order of the R179s come in, it is ancipated that the F gets them first and push the rest of the R46s to the A and retire the R44s.

the C would become full length with the R46s. The A would remain R44 with a few sets of R46s. The F will be half R46 (208) and half R160. Once the base order of the R179s come in, it is ancipated that the F gets them first and push the rest of the R46s to the A and retire the R44s.

And where do you get this information from?

Archived