Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Urbanfortitude

Railfanning 4/15/09 part 1

This was a blast guys. It seriously was. I had a lot of fun and we managed to catch some pretty decent stuff.

Here's my (A)(S) photos

SI854455.jpg

SI854456.jpg

SI854458.jpg

SI854459.jpg

SI854460.jpg

SI854461.jpg

SI854462.jpg

SI854463.jpg

SI854464.jpg

SI854465.jpg

SI854466.jpg

The slants were out en masse. So this was awesome.

You have some nice photographs, can I ask you who's that guy with the long hair taking a photo?

Ken, you were our "good luck charm"! Those guys came IN NUMBERS (despite the fact there are supposed to be 9 sets left). I see myself. Ha. (I'm in the black coat, to the others)

The T/O's looked at us like as if we were crazy. I mean, 7 cameras angled at them!

Great pics!

T/Os use the front door to enter the train from the yard, and I guess they're too lazy to close it before putting it in service. I'll post up my photos soon.

LOL yeah that was awesome. I knew we'd get it if we went to Stillwell. I guess there was no real reason why the train's front door was open?

Frankly, I have no idea. Just there for us to take pictures of the cab?? Ha.

I'm just glad that weirdo cop stopped following us. -_-

He's doing his job, but not in a civilian-friendly manner. .__.

I'll get my pics up probably over the weekend.

The FIND was amazing when the train had its lights off the whole time! The effect was best at West 8th!

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Awesome shots. This is acyually the first time I've seen some shots into the Far Rockaway section of the (A).

Good job!

My turn!

Today was really fun, railfanning with Henry (MTR), Leonard (Forest Glen), Dylan (Smoot), Ken (fortitude), Kevin (AWWang), and John (diffusedmind). We covered a lot of ground and got quite a few nice catches too. The day started out dreary, but got better after around 1:30. For me, it would have been better if my pics didn’t come out too under/overexposed and my camera actually worked more often – since it was cold today my camera froze often if I pressed down on the shutter. I missed a lot of good shots, but still managed to get many others. Here are the pics (be sure to check the other forums for bus pics):

DSCF4032.jpg

DSCF4033.jpg

DSCF4035.jpg

DSCF4049.jpg

DSCF4052.jpg

DSCF4053.jpg

DSCF4059.jpg

Stupid signal...

DSCF4060.jpg

DSCF4063.jpg

DSCF4065.jpg

DSCF4067.jpg

DSCF4069.jpg

DSCF4071.jpg

DSCF4076.jpg

DSCF4083.jpg

DSCF4089.jpg

DSCF4090.jpg

DSCF4091.jpg

DSCF4093.jpg

DSCF4097.jpg

DSCF4098.jpg

DSCF4099.jpg

DSCF4106.jpg

DSCF4101.jpg

Comments are welcome, enjoy!

Great shots. The cyclone and wonder wheel shots are fantastic. did you take them from a subway car?

Thanks! And yeah, we did. I took them from the (F) which is on the lower level of that trackway. If I took them from the (Q) (the upper level), then they would've come out better since there would have been more light and no obstruction from above.

I am so tired from that trip I am going to bed right now.

I can hardly read. I'll image tag most of these tomorrow:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Smoot178/April15?authkey=Gv1sRgCM3JjJbP1-Dq-AE#

There are also some videos in there!

DSCF0766.JPG

I must say I had the greatest time, perhaps surpassing all other experiences I've had in New York City.

Let's do it again sometime!

Thanks! And yeah, we did. I took them from the (F) which is on the lower level of that trackway. If I took them from the (Q) (the upper level), then they would've come out better since there would have been more light and no obstruction from above.

Putting aside the photos of the trains, those really are the best in terms of artistic composition. That is what it is all about. You never know what you take. If I were you, I would certainly enlarge and print them. Great work.