Railfanning 4/15/09 part 1

My turn!

Today was really fun, railfanning with Henry (MTR), Leonard (Forest Glen), Dylan (Smoot), Ken (fortitude), Kevin (AWWang), and John (diffusedmind). We covered a lot of ground and got quite a few nice catches too. The day started out dreary, but got better after around 1:30. For me, it would have been better if my pics didn’t come out too under/overexposed and my camera actually worked more often – since it was cold today my camera froze often if I pressed down on the shutter. I missed a lot of good shots, but still managed to get many others. Here are the pics (be sure to check the other forums for bus pics):

DSCF4032.jpg

DSCF4033.jpg

DSCF4035.jpg

DSCF4049.jpg

DSCF4052.jpg

DSCF4053.jpg

DSCF4059.jpg

Stupid signal...

DSCF4060.jpg

DSCF4063.jpg

DSCF4065.jpg

DSCF4067.jpg

DSCF4069.jpg

DSCF4071.jpg

DSCF4076.jpg

DSCF4083.jpg

DSCF4089.jpg

DSCF4090.jpg

DSCF4091.jpg

DSCF4093.jpg

DSCF4097.jpg

DSCF4098.jpg

DSCF4099.jpg

DSCF4106.jpg

DSCF4101.jpg

Comments are welcome, enjoy!

Great shots. The cyclone and wonder wheel shots are fantastic. did you take them from a subway car?

Thanks! And yeah, we did. I took them from the (F) which is on the lower level of that trackway. If I took them from the (Q) (the upper level), then they would've come out better since there would have been more light and no obstruction from above.

I am so tired from that trip I am going to bed right now.

I can hardly read. I'll image tag most of these tomorrow:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Smoot178/April15?authkey=Gv1sRgCM3JjJbP1-Dq-AE#

There are also some videos in there!

DSCF0766.JPG

I must say I had the greatest time, perhaps surpassing all other experiences I've had in New York City.

Let's do it again sometime!

Thanks! And yeah, we did. I took them from the (F) which is on the lower level of that trackway. If I took them from the (Q) (the upper level), then they would've come out better since there would have been more light and no obstruction from above.

Putting aside the photos of the trains, those really are the best in terms of artistic composition. That is what it is all about. You never know what you take. If I were you, I would certainly enlarge and print them. Great work.

Archived