(W) Terminating at Canal St?

DX Local Train

I believe that some (W) trains terminate at Canal Street to relieve congestion along the Broadway line tracks that are not going on the Manhattan Bridge. This is to keep train traffic going on the (R)(W) lines, especially with the (R) since that's the only line serving stops via the tunnel and serving all stops betwee Court Street and 59th Street Brooklyn.

During middays, some trains are stored in the lower level tracks of the City Hall Street staton, those trains are put ins for the (W) during rush hours.

I hope I got this info correct, if not, please feel free to correct me.

I believe that some (W) trains terminate at Canal Street to relieve congestion along the Broadway line tracks that are not going on the Manhattan Bridge. This is to keep train traffic going on the (R)(W) lines, especially with the (R) since that's the only line serving stops via the tunnel and serving all stops betwee Court Street and 59th Street Brooklyn.

During middays, some trains are stored in the lower level tracks of the City Hall Street staton, those trains are put ins for the (W) during rush hours.

I hope I got this info correct, if not, please feel free to correct me.

Put outs go to City Hall lower level, yes.

I believe the reason why some Ws get put out at Canal is because if you send a bunch of Ws down the line to Whitehall, it can affect R service. If Whitehall middle isn't cleared and there is a Whitehall bound W at Rector, the Whitehall bound train has to wait until the terminated train moves out of the junction before the Whitehall bound train can proceed. This backs up the trains behind it.

Archived