Railfan Trip 07/01/09

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uhm....yeah...somethin...sorry

anyway yeah 34th Street sounds good to me...its definitely the better lunch location. So I definitely want that to be the spot we have lunch.

Not only that, it will be cool if we walk down to Penn Station and snap a few pics of M7s and Comets before continuing on our trip. It's still railfanning right?

The 34th St. plan is a good idea. We should throw in an extra 5-15 minutes for the lunchtime then, since we'll be taking pics of buses and railcars there.

It has better food selections for fact. Mickie D's is everywhere (i remember the one at 35th and 6th), there is a Wendy's at Eighth. A Chinese buffet next to it. T.G.I Fridays near them. Dunkin Donuts and a steakhouse are near 7th, Fat Annie's Truck Stop at 33rd Street, Ranch 1 at 36th and Broadway, Korean food places along 32nd Street (look Woorijip, I believe)... just too many to name.

Yeah, so far 15-20 minutes lunch + 10-15 minutes railfanning. Allow half-hour of 'intermission'.

There is:

-Burger King.

-McDonalds.

-Wendy's.

-T.G.I. Fridays.

-KFC.

-Dunkin Donuts.

-Miss Fields.

-Ranch 1.

-Sparro.

-Starbucks.

-Quiznos Sub.

-Chinatown Express.

-Gyros.

& More.

So, we've got plenty of choices, B)!

all healthy joints.....

Yeah, so far 15-20 minutes lunch + 10-15 minutes railfanning. Allow half-hour of 'intermission'.

There is:

-Burger King.

-McDonalds.

-Wendy's.

-T.G.I. Fridays.

-KFC.

-Dunkin Donuts.

-Miss Fields.

-Ranch 1.

-Sparro.

-Starbucks.

-Quiznos Sub.

-Chinatown Express.

-Gyros.

& More.

So, we've got plenty of choices, B)!

These joints are all spread out around the area. I suggest that we meet by at some location at some time. Manhattan Mall will work?

Not really, ;).

Since we are going to Penn. Why not meet up around the walking street between 33rd Street and 34th Street just off 7th Ave.?

No, Manhattan Mall is certainly better. Just the first floor, it's not that hard to find each other.

By the way, now that you mentioned it, Roy Rogers and Nathans at 33/7.

fine here's plan C

We will take an R32 (A)(C) train at 10:15 AM at W 4th Street to Jay Street for the R160 (F) or an R32/R40M/R42 (F)

Then take the (F) to Coney Island with some photos stops which are Smith-9th Streets and 4th Avenue

Then we should arrive at Coney Island at 11:20

Then we will take an R68/R68A (Q) train at Coney Island at 11:30 and stop at stations which are W 8th Street, Ocean Parkway.

Then we will get off at Sheapshead Bay take pics and take an R68 (:P train and take it to W 34th Street To Manhattan Mall.

Then we will eat there for 30 minutes

Then take the R32, R44, R46 (A) to W 145th Street for the (D).

Then take the (D) to Yankees Stadium and take pics there for 15 minutes

Then take the (4) to Grand Central at 1:50 PM or 2:00 PM and take a ride on the (7) If I can to QueensBoro Plaza.

Then after that I'm heading home so what do you guys think?

Following stations are stoping at

Jay Street

Smith-9th Streets

4th Avenue

Coney Island

W 8th Street

Ocean Parkway

Sheapshead Bay

Atlantic Avenue

59th Street

W 145th Street

161st Street-Yankee Stadium