Idea on new subway line

DX Local Train

For me, this idea of making a line is great but, this particualr line isn't build as needed. A better idea is letting the (W) back and let the (Y) come into shape. Let the (X) still be trash/work train.

For the (W) and (Y), let (W) be Express and (Y) be Local. Make the line run on Northern Blvd. starting around Douglaston., making stations on major streets like Bell Blvd., Francis Lewis Blvd. and Utopia Parkway... Let the line go towards the LGA Airport and have stations at Mets-Willets Point with free X-Fer to (7) and stop at LaGuardia Airport and go to Astoria to pick up (N)(W) passengers. Let the line curve north towards the Bronx and have it either go to City Island or around North-Western Bronx, maybe even Westchester.

That would be the most ideal run for now. Queens to Bronx always have no lines and I find there is a lot of Bronx Science and other Bronx Schools Students living in NorthEastern Queens. So good for parents, kids and that'll be perfect.

i agree its not needed buts its fun to play around with the map and make up your own

i actually made my own subway map that includes the Yellow (D), and the (P)(T)(Y) that runs via 2 Ave, into the Bronx.

The (T) runs to Rockaway Av, Brooklyn via Church Av Local and Red Hook.

The (B)(R)(Y) run into Staten Island:

(B) to Staten Island Mall

(R) to Port Richmond

(Y) to Tottenville via the (SIR) line.

(D) yellow replaces the (R) late nights between DeKalb Av and Port Richmond, Staten Island, via 4 Av Local. (it doesnt show on the map though.)

You can see it in this thread: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9545 ;)

The Second Avenue Line (Q) and (T) would help relieve congestion along the (4)(5)(6)<6> lines. The First Avenue line, I'm not so sure about, really. The First Avenue Line I don't see happening anytime soon, but if there is a plan for one, it would be great news, but that's a lot of money spending and a lot of constuction time.

okay you know how the (1)(2)(4)(5)(6)(:P(D) trains all come from the Bronk then Manhattan then BKLYN well why isnt there one that comes from the bronx then goes to queens then bklyn

There was a plan to have a line called the RX. It would have used abandoned, disused and active right of ways to link up Brooklyn, Queens and Bronx. In fact it would have ended near your area.

You meant manhattan right?

He meant this. Thumb pointing at it :tdown:.

Well, I guess the crossing is a little to wide or something but it would be nice since students living in Queens can get to their schools in Bronx much more Easily, ;)!

My Queens folks there have been complaining about it for years.

Oh boy, the RX will be cool, but I would really need a line to go to Douglaston since it is a cool neighbor and I would be railfanning a lot there since I can just ride a Bus from my school up north on Fridays and railfan from Douglaston all the way home to Forest Hills, ;)!

Nice, it would bring better transportation to the City and it is one of the rare lines that doesn't go into Manhattan. It would be just like the (G) but extended.

Yeah, especially if there is like an abandoned strip of land that could be used as a railway! And this one will in fact be one of the most scenic and awesome rides yet. So, I support the Triboro RX, :P!

(G)(O) (T)(R)(1)(:D(O)(R)(O) (R)(X) (G)(O)!

AWWang, the thing is, the alignment only goes around South and West Queens, it doesn't really touch on the neighbourhoods that lack subway service entirely. My main criticism is, many of the communities the RX passes through already have subway lines (say Brooklyn College or Astoria), it doesn't go to areas that desperately need service (say Fresh Meadows, Bayside, Hollis etc... basically all of Eastern Queens)

AWWang, the thing is, the alignment only goes around South and West Queens, it doesn't really touch on the neighbourhoods that lack subway service entirely. My main criticism is, many of the communities the RX passes through already have subway lines (say Brooklyn College or Astoria), it doesn't go to areas that desperately need service (say Fresh Meadows, Bayside, Hollis etc... basically all of Eastern Queens)

This is only being proposed because there is room for subway track to co-exist with the freight rail, the path is already there. A subway line for Eastern Queens would have to be created from scratch and that probably will never happen. Sure it would be nice to connect that area to the subway line but I'm sure there was a good reason it's never been done. People have been commuting just fine from Eastern Queens for decades

Archived