Idea on new subway line

DX Local Train

This is only being proposed because there is room for subway track to co-exist with the freight rail, the path is already there. A subway line for Eastern Queens would have to be created from scratch and that probably will never happen. Sure it would be nice to connect that area to the subway line but I'm sure there was a good reason it's never been done. People have been commuting just fine from Eastern Queens for decades

Well yes, because the ROW for the line is already in place. They would only need money to procure for a yard, stations, signals and rolling stock.

There are plans for subways into Eastern Queens. They were not done due to financial reasons. They did not have the money for it. They were always looking to connect those areas to the subway system. This can be proven via the Second System and the Archer Avenue Subway. The Archer Avenue Subway is part of a plan to send the E, J and the Z to Southeastern Queens.

There are plans for subways into Eastern Queens. They were not done due to financial reasons. They did not have the money for it. They were always looking to connect those areas to the subway system. This can be proven via the Second System and the Archer Avenue Subway. The Archer Avenue Subway is part of a plan to send the E, J and the Z to Southeastern Queens.

I know of the plans for Eastern Queens but they're old and it wasn't just a money issue, the people who live in those areas most likely didn't want it. These days it would be even more futile with these areas built up even more.

And the plans for eastern Queens would be much more useful then the Triboro RX...

I can guarantee you that residents of these areas would not want any of the previous planned extensions built. I can't see any new elevated tracks ever being built again and the MTA is not going to dig up neighborhoods for tunnels it doesn't really need. Even a plan like the TriboroRX would meet resistance from neighborhoods because most people don't want a subway running through their yard. And this plan doesn't require adjusting much of it's surroundings. So imagine the outcry that will result of a plan that does have to adjust surroundings.

I know of the plans for Eastern Queens but they're old and it wasn't just a money issue, the people who live in those areas most likely didn't want it. These days it would be even more futile with these areas built up even more.

I can guarantee you that residents of these areas would not want any of the previous planned extensions built. I can't see any new elevated tracks ever being built again and the MTA is not going to dig up neighborhoods for tunnels it doesn't really need. Even a plan like the TriboroRX would meet resistance from neighborhoods because most people don't want a subway running through their yard. And this plan doesn't require adjusting much of it's surroundings. So imagine the outcry that will result of a plan that does have to adjust surroundings.

First of all, do you know why Flushing and Jamaica are huge bus hubs?

Because most of those buses serve the outlying areas of Eastern Queens where there's no subway service, what's your point?

If there is a subway line in those areas, a number of these lines won't be needed.

Think of it, a line down Northern Boulevard should be studied. This line is covered by the Q66, the Q13 and the Q12.

The J/Z was intended to go down to Queens Village.

The E, if the current construction is any indication, was to use part or all of the LIRR ROW and have it's terminal be the current Laurelton station. Which is at 225th st. just north of the Conduit.

I can assure you by the constant complaints of bus riders in this area, they would not appose a subway, especially if most of it is on the LIRR embankment.

Everyone living south of Linden Blvd Between Supthin Blvd and Merrick Blvd have a minimum of 10-15 minutes to Jamaica Center.

The J/Z was intended to go down to Queens Village.

The E, if the current construction is any indication, was to use part or all of the LIRR ROW and have it's terminal be the current Laurelton station. Which is at 225th st. just north of the Conduit.

I can assure you by the constant complaints of bus riders in this area, they would not appose a subway, especially if most of it is on the LIRR embankment.

Everyone living south of Linden Blvd Between Supthin Blvd and Merrick Blvd have a minimum of 10-15 minutes to Jamaica Center.

Agreed, while people in Northeast Queens may not want a subway line, Southeast Queens is in dire need for a subway.

Besides, Jamaica Centre is the optimal terminal for the E.

Archived