Jack Bauer has New York in crosshairs: '24' reportedly to be set in Big Apple

Trainspotter

For the counter-terrorism agent who never sleeps, it's got to be the city that never sleeps.

Jack Bauer is finally making his way to the Big Apple for the eighth season of "24."

But don't go making plans to camp out for autographs. The Fox series will still be filmed in Los Angeles, but the eighth season of the show will be peppered with scenes from New York City, according to EW.com. Production begins in late spring.

The high-adrenaline action series was originally set in Los Angeles before heading to Washington, D.C. for its current season.

The television hit follows Jack Bauer (played by Keifer Sutherland) as he works with the Los Angeles Counter Terrorist Unit to protect the United States from terrorist threats. The show is presented in real time with each hour-long episode representing one hour of Bauer's life.

Season 8, which is expected to debut in January 2010, will feature "Slumdog Millionaire's" Anil Kapoor as Arman Hashemi, a Middle Eastern leader comes to the United States on a peacemaking mission.

According to EW, the upcoming season will also feature a new CTU boss and two new young agents - one man and one woman. Mary Lynn Rajskub's character Chloe O'Brian is expected to return.

By Cristina Kinon

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

April 16th 2009

post-5-13328858059_thumb.jpg

post-5-13328858059_thumb.jpg

This sounded great when I first read about this on Tuesday but then I got to the part where it will still filmed in LA and was a little let down. They'll do a few on location scenes in NYC but LA is going to playing NY for the most part. I know it's cost effective sometimes but I hate when movies or tv shows are filmed in LA but the story takes place in NY. Still cool that the story will take place in NY!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 24 is the best show in the world & i been watching "24" since Season 1. Can't wait to tell my wife about this.:tup::tup::tup::tup:

David:cool:

Archived