Strange Notice

Pelham Bay Dave

Yesterday I seen this notice posted at a few stations. I wonder if its even real since you can make up these signs on a computer.

(E)(F) running fewer trains during AM and PM Rush Hours Until Dec 31.

MTA is cutting back right now with service cuts and cutbacks are to be expected.

"Revise Weekday Midday & Evening Guidelines to 125% Seated Load

Currently, weekday midday and evening guidelines are for 100% seated load, which

requires trains to be scheduled so that, on average, there are seats available for all

customers. This proposal revises the guideline to 125% of a seated load, which is

equivalent to 10-18 standees per car (depending on car type) at the maximum load point.

Increasing this guideline to 125% will result in an increase in crowding as well as an

increase in headways. Most affected customers will experience an average of 1-2 minutes

of additional wait time. The 147AEFL lines are affected middays; the

567ABEFNQR lines are affected evenings. After implementation of the

Subdivision B 10-minute weekend headways (see above), most lines will already be at

125% seated load or greater on weekends.

Increase Headways From 2 AM-5 AM to 30 Minutes

Currently, headways are 20 minutes on all operating lines between 2:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m.

This proposal will increase headways from 20 to 30 minutes late nights when subway

ridership is lowest. All subway lines that operate during this overnight period are affected.

Average waiting time for most late night customers will increase from 10 minutes to 15

minutes (less in corridors where multiple services operate during late nights)."

This is official MTA policy however so the notice is about right. Ive seen notices which haven't been on the website before posted on the walls. MTA is in a huge budgetary crisis now.

New subway cars were prepaid for and are still coming through. The MTA crisis is nothing short of expected.

Lots of stuff the MTA is doing should have been done a long time ago and other things the MTA is doing fall short of what is required for the system making the system worse.

Yeah nothing on it and we get the notice 2 weeks in advance. I'm still investigating it I'll give you guys update if I come across any. Just tought I put it out there I seen the notice at 23 Ely,Queens Plaza and Continenal.

Not at Roosevelt or other (E)/(F) stations? They should be, since 23/Ely is (E)/(V).

What does the bottom MTA note say (the little text on the bottom saying where the notices are to be posted), or there isn't any?

The funds on my metrocard aren't even going anywhere. :D I still have money on my card, I cant even knock the card down to 0.

I don't even use the subway anymore. Its rare I'll use it, but its nice to have it available.

The last subway car I took was an (E) and I wound up on an R42. Doesn't matter what happens to the subway system for me anymore. To me the subway is just a perpetual motion machine of humans pushing a person from point a to point z and will keep going on and on and on.

I wish I could get rid of the spare funds on my card and convert it back to cash. Oh well. With the new cutbacks if that was even possible, it will be harder to do such.

Not at Roosevelt or other (E)/(F) stations? They should be, since 23/Ely is (E)/(V).

What does the bottom MTA note say (the little text on the bottom saying where the notices are to be posted), or there isn't any?

I did see 1 @ Roosevelt eariler. I do remember reading in the AM NY that they said that 2 less trains per hour are going to run during the rush hour. IDK if I still have the paper to at least take a pic of the article that says it.

I did see 1 @ Roosevelt eariler. I do remember reading in the AM NY that they said that 2 less trains per hour are going to run during the rush hour. IDK if I still have the paper to at least take a pic of the article that says it.

If they run less trains then shouldnt they be keeping more of the new R160's on, and removing the older subway cars.

Cutting service means less older trains is the way I see it since those orders are still in. Less trains and new R160s coming in mean it will be quicker to get out those old R32, R40M, R42. Then if they want service additions later on, they could order more R160/R179 and the like for additional service increases.

As far as I am aware, there have been no cutbacks on the purchase of new trains and those orders are still coming in.

Archived