Youtube is going to pretty much abandon Its users

Maserati7200

Spread this video! Youtube is pretty much replacing user generated videos with movies and TV shows from big corporations!

That stinks. While i enjoy watching the old tv shows, news events and music videos, i think it should in worst case scenrios be separted into '2' parts. One for the public generated video and another for the old tv shows, etc.

I hope the owners of youtube change their minds.:confused:

Does this mean that most if not all of YOUTUBE's old videos are going to get destroyed????!!!! MANY CLIPS ON YOUTUBE ARE OLD AND HISTORIC, YOU CANT GET RID OF THEM JUST LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said. Whether it's the JFK shooting in 1963 to the Jets shocking win in 'super bowl 3' to Neil Armstrong's 'walk on the moon' to more recent unedited '9/11' videos is what makes youtube so great imo.

Does this mean that most if not all of YOUTUBE's old videos are going to get destroyed????!!!! MANY CLIPS ON YOUTUBE ARE OLD AND HISTORIC, YOU CANT GET RID OF THEM JUST LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's incredible what stupid things people do.

- A

Just great. All the videos and users I subscribe to will all go to waste! And I had recently purchased my Casio EXILIM EX-Z80 because of its YouTube capture mode, because I wanted to shoot some things for YouTube one day. Well, that's gonna go to waste too. I may as well sell my camera and get something else. :confused: :tdown:

Just great. All the videos and users I subscribe to will all go to waste! And I had recently purchased my Casio EXILIM EX-Z80 because of its YouTube capture mode, because I wanted to shoot some things for YouTube one day. Well, that's gonna go to waste too. I may as well sell my camera and get something else. :confused: :tdown:

Well, there is Dailymotion. I was going to make a move over there.

you purchased a new camera. Congrauations and when will it come and are you still going to use the Canon S5 or start taking pics using your new camera

So you can upload YouTube capture mode clips to Dailymotion?

And if you look at some of my recent work on NYCsubway.org, you'll see that I've been using the EXILIM for a while now (maybe a couple of months, almost). And I don't have a Canon S5 - never did. My last camera was a Kodak EasyShare C653.

I hope youtube will still have user videos, they will just be another tab. Youtube will be a place movies, music, tv shows and user vids. But The Big Company stuff is going to overtake the user generated stuff by a lot, simply because the big company stuff will be in 3 different tabs on the home page, and everything else is in one. Basically, the big companies will have priority.

I hope youtube will still have user videos, they will just be another tab. Youtube will be a place movies, music, tv shows and user vids. But The Big Company stuff is going to overtake the user generated stuff by a lot, simply because the big company stuff will be in 3 different tabs on the home page, and everything else is in one. Basically, the big companies will have priority.

This is MADNESS

Sorry for the n00b question but isn't it illegal to host music and movies online? TV shows I think are ok since sites like ABC host their own shows and put them online.

Sites like YouTube and Hulu have agreements with studios to stream their content online.

Archived