Is it time to 'close' Wrigley Field and Fenway Park?

Shortline Bus

One thing is for sure, they won't demolish Fenway Park, its too historic.

Nah, but to keep playing there for another 10 years..... That would be akin to making the players drive to the game from home in the first buick.

1912buick_resized.jpg

They are about the same age.

- A

Nah, but to keep playing there for another 10 years..... That would be akin to making the players drive to the game from home in the first buick.

1912buick_resized.jpg

They are about the same age.

- A

I never said they would continue to play there, maybe they would build a new stadium, but they wouldn't demolish Fenway Park. Example: there is a new Yankee Stadium but the old one is still there.

I never said they would continue to play there, maybe they would build a new stadium, but they wouldn't demolish Fenway Park. Example: there is a new Yankee Stadium but the old one is still there.

The old one is going to be demolished soon. It'll take a while, but it'll be gone sooner or later.

Fenway Pahk ain't goin' nowhere. Red Sucks fans won't allow it.

The Boston Red Sox has expressed no interest in replacing Fenway. They value Fenway to be very historic for the right reasons. Fenway Park is the oldest sports venue in use by all the major leagues.

Plus many red sox fans who live in a time wrap might actually 'riot' if Fenway was torn down.

Fenway i think is now a histroic site. What about 'safety'issues ie lack of ADA accessible seats for the disabled, mice in the bathroom:mad: even in the players locker rooms etc.

Personally i never said to 'tear down' Fenway. I say in 'a radical' proposal make Fenway the 'new' home of MLB Hall of Fame(Cooperstown NY is 'middle of nowhere and should be moved to either NYC or Boston imo) and keep most of the ballpark's structure as a compoent to it. Playing in current Fenway is like playing 21stCentury baseball in the Roman colisueium lol.

Since i know Boston little bit, a perfect location for new Red Sox ballpark imo could be the area near South Boston(off (Southeast Freeway)Interstate 93 & the Red Line "t' Boston subway) by the Charles River. By subway it's only a 15-minute ride to Downtown Boston including both North and South Stations from say from UMass Boston-JFK station.

That area in South Boston where you can bulid a new Fenway with views of the Prudential Buliding(Boston version of Empire State Buliding)in backgroud of a 40,000 seat ballpark. Not trying to sound like Robert Moses but this way everyone wins.

I think it should. The venues have been confirmed for the next three All-Star games.

As for Fenway, the Red Sox have opted not to build a new stadium. The sole reason being that Fenway is the oldest stadium in use by Major League Baseball. Fenway Park isn't part of the National Register of Historical Places.

I think in a few years, if the team does decide to build a new stadium, Fenway might be registered as a Historic Landmark, so it would have to be preserved. I wish Yankee Stadium was a Historic Landmark.

I think in a few years, if the team does decide to build a new stadium, Fenway might be registered as a Historic Landmark, so it would have to be preserved. I wish Yankee Stadium was a Historic Landmark.

Maybe if they hadn't renovated it, it would be by now.

Guys read this? Any reactions to this 'radical idea' below?

Plus many red sox fans who live in a time wrap might actually 'riot' if Fenway was torn down.

Fenway i think is now a histroic site. What about 'safety'issues ie lack of ADA accessible seats for the disabled, mice in the bathroom:mad: even in the players locker rooms etc.

Personally i never said to 'tear down' Fenway. I say in 'a radical' proposal make Fenway the 'new' home of MLB Hall of Fame(Cooperstown NY is 'middle of nowhere and should be moved to either NYC or Boston imo) and keep most of the ballpark's structure as a compoent to it. Playing in current Fenway is like playing 21stCentury baseball in the Roman colisueium lol.

Since i know Boston little bit, a perfect location for new Red Sox ballpark imo could be the area near South Boston(off (Southeast Freeway)Interstate 93 & the Red Line "t' Boston subway) by the Charles River. By subway it's only a 15-minute ride to Downtown Boston including both North and South Stations from say from UMass Boston-JFK station.

That area in South Boston where you can bulid a new Fenway with views of the Prudential Buliding(Boston version of Empire State Buliding)in backgroud of a 40,000 seat ballpark. Not trying to sound like Robert Moses but this way everyone wins.

The current location of the new yankee studium was a park. That part of the bronx lost park space so the old one has to be torn down and then build a park there.

There is no need for a new Fenway Park (nor Wrigley). What, destroy all that history just so that you can have more luxury boxes just like the Yankees did?

I went to Fenway last year and it was like taking a trip back in time. A great place to watch a game...as long as you don't have one of those obstructed view seats.

Archived