My Subway Map - Includes the yellow (D) and the (P)(T)(Y)

Luis1985

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Ok guys, im trying to decide on what changes im going to make in my subway map. The changes might be as follows:

(A): Service will be express on the weekends in Brooklyn.

(:P: Unchanged.

(C): Service will operate all times between Ozone Park, Qns and Riverdale, Bx, making all local stops during the day. Late Nights the (C) will replace the E between Chambers St and Tottenville.

(D): Unchanged.

(E): Service will operate daily between Jamaica Center, Qns and Tottenville, Staten Island. Late Night service remains unchanged.

(F): Unchanged.

(G): Service might get extended to Jamaica Center weekends only. Weekday and Late Night service remains unchanged.

(H) (Pink): Unchanged.

(I) (Pink): Unchanged. (Subject to change)

(J): Service might be extended between South Ferry, Manhattan and Kings Highway via the (N) line, daily.

(K): Will have a new color (Pink) and will operate from City College-137 St to Kings Plaza at all times.

(L): Unchanged.

(Mx): Service is extended to Bay Parkway at all times.

(N): Unchanged.

(O) (Lime): Unchanged.

(P): Unchanged.

(Q): Unchanged.

(R): Unchanged.

(S): Unchanged.

(T): Unchanged.

(U): Service will have a new color (Lime) and will operate from Kings Plaza to Jacob Javits Center.* (Subject to Change)

(V): Unchanged.

(W): Unchanged.* (Subject to Change)

(X): Service will operate express in Brooklyn on Weekends.

(Y): Unchanged.

(Z): Unchanged.

(0) (Zero): Service eliminated.* (Subject to change)

(1): Unchanged.

(2): Unchanged.

(3): Unchanged.

(4): Unchanged.

(5): Unchanged.

(6): Unchanged.

(7): Service will be extended from Main St-Flushing, Qns into the Bronx. (More info coming soon).

(8): Service will have a new color (Purple) and new route. It will operate from Pelham Bay Park, Bronx to South Ferry, Manhattan at all times.* (Subject to Change)

(9): Service will have a new color (Purple) and new route. It will operate between Van Cortlandt Pk, Bx to IKEA Terminal, Brooklyn.

Since the R44's are gone (except the SIR ones), here is the list of Car assignments:

Yards:

207 St: A/C/H/I/K

R32: A/C/H

R46: A/C/H/K

R160: A/C/H/I/K

Concourse: D/N (Supplement Service: B)

R68: B/N

R68A: B/D/N

Corona: 7/8

R62A: 7/8

R142A: 7/8

Jerome: 4

R62: 4

R62A: 4

R142A: 4

Eastchester: 5 (SUpplement Service: 8)

R62A: 5/8

R142: 5

239 St: 2 (Supplement Service: 5)

R62A: 2/5

R142: 2/5

242 St: 1/9

R62A: 1/9

Pitkin: P/T (Supplement Service: A/C)

R32: C

R46: A/C/P/T

R160: A/C/P/T

Jamaica: E/F/G/R/V

R46: E/F/G/R/V

R160: E/F/R

East New York: J/L/M/W/Z

R42: J/Z

R143: L/M

R160: J/L/M/W/Z

Livonia: 3 (Supplement Service: 4)

R62: 3/4

Clifton: E/Y

R46: E/Y

Coney Island: B/N/O/Q/S/X (Supplement Service: D/R/V)

R68: N/O/S/X

R68A: B/D/N/O/Q/R/S/V/X/V

This would be my fantasy map

(B) 168 St-Washington Heights- Coney Island, Brooklyn

using the West End Line, 4 Av Express, 6 Av Express and CPW Local.

Latenights it runs as a shuttle between 36st and Coney Island

(D) It would be the same except in Brooklyn it would run via Brighton Local

(Q6Av) To Forest Hills- Brighton Beach via Brighton Express, 6Av Express, 53st

and Queens Blvd Local (weekdays)

(F) Will run via Culver Express, Coney Island Trains run express and Kings Highway Trains run local everything else the same (weekdays)

(C) To Norwood 205 St, Bronx- Euclid Avenue(Daytime) other times use (A)(B)(D) to replace it

(N) Via Broadway Express all times using the Manhattan Bridge except latenights and weekends

(R) Latenights to 57 Street-7 Avenue

The return of the (1)/(9) skip stop

everything else I will leave it the way it is

Broadway would be woefully underserved with only the (N) and the (R). The (Q) should stay a Broadway Line. Leave the orange Q in the past where it belongs. The fourth 6th Avenue service should either be the (M) or the (V). I also don't agree with you wanting the (B) and (D) to revert to their pre-2001 service patterns in Brooklyn. West End Line riders have 24-hour service to Manhattan now that the (D) runs there. You want to bring back the late-night West End Shuttle. Why? "Because that's the way it was"? And the (1) works fine as the sole Broadway local. There's no need to bring back the (9).

Can we please leave the 90's service patterns in the past where they belong?

Broadway would be woefully underserved with only the (N) and the (R). The (Q) should stay a Broadway Line. Leave the orange Q in the past where it belongs. The fourth 6th Avenue service should either be the (M) or the (V). I also don't agree with you wanting the (B) and (D) to revert to their pre-2001 service patterns in Brooklyn. West End Line riders have 24-hour service to Manhattan now that the (D) runs there. You want to bring back the late-night West End Shuttle. Why? "Because that's the way it was"? And the (1) works fine as the sole Broadway local. There's no need to bring back the (9).

Can we please leave the 90's service patterns in the past where they belong?

How about just banning fantasies outright?

Guest lance25

I don't think people are against the concept. It's just the sheer number of fantasy maps that have popped up recently that's getting on everyone's nerves. Also, most the ideas don't make any sense.

I don't think people are against the concept. It's just the sheer number of fantasy maps that have popped up recently that's getting on everyone's nerves. Also, most the ideas don't make any sense.

Yeah some people make a fantasy maps that make you think WTF??? thank god these "Foamers" do NOT run the system, or else I would just move to another city with a different type of system were fans dont foam around it.

I thought foamers were people who had to take a picture/video of every single train they saw...

Well I enjoy making fantasy maps because they're fun to create and interesting to look at. Anyone who seriously thinks that their ideas will be added probably need to go to a mental hospital, but most people from what I've seen just like to express their ideas. If it's pissing everyone off how about a separate fantasy map forum?

I thought foamers were people who had to take a picture/video of every single train they saw...

Well I enjoy making fantasy maps because they're fun to create and interesting to look at. Anyone who seriously thinks that their ideas will be added probably need to go to a mental hospital, but most people from what I've seen just like to express their ideas. If it's pissing everyone off how about a separate fantasy map forum?

Well foamers here make maps that make no sense at all, it's not even funny. well I agree with you on the separate part.

Care to explain how your fantasy map is any different than a foamer's map which makes no sense?

like since we know the basics about the system, the map comes out good, but when a foamer makes one, they let their imagination go crazy & make something that doesn't make sense & like a 2 year old made it, just like 42 street local's map, not to be mean to him. you get it now? lol I dont even know, I confused myself too.

Guest lance25

I don't exactly know what qualifies as a "foamer's map", but I would assume that it contains various extensions/new lines that aren't really necessary. I mean, just because an area of the city doesn't have subway service, it should. You can't just draw lines anywhere on the map with complete disregard for the geography and residents/businesses in the area.

Also, another thing about fantasy maps that I forgot to mention earlier was the creators' response to criticism. Some people (and you know who you are) act as though their ideas are gospel and anyone who doesn't agree is flat out wrong, even if it's obvious it's the other way around.

like since we know the basics about the system, the map comes out good, but when a foamer makes one, they let their imagination go crazy & make something that doesn't make sense & like a 2 year old made it, just like 42 street local's map, not to be mean to him. you get it now? lol I dont even know, I confused myself too.

He was a troll who was clearly trying to just annoy everyone.

No offense, but your map seems as crazy as this one, if not more, and seems a bit like a foamer's dream. 10th avenue, 5th avenue, 2nd avenue, and a (7) going all the way down the west side.

Hey guys,

I've been working on a new blank map. So far, I've managed to draw out some streets (although its a bit skewed) just in Manhattan. If people could contribute and draw out some of the major streets/neighborhoods in the other boroughs that would be cool. But i guess if you think this map sucks and there are betters, then don't worry about it. I just thought I would try to make a cleaner map we could all work with and draw brand new lines.

nyc_bl14.jpg

Archived