The MetroCard Bus (Nova and TMC RTS Shots Included)! (56k)

Orion

Nice Shots! I thought the MC bus was Gold? =/
Thanks! The gold one retired, it had the 6V92TA going on in it too..
Brilliant shots!
Thanks.
Great Shots!
Thank you.
Excellent pictures.

What kind of reguctugular bus is that?

The Orion VI HEV or Orion VII CNG? Which photo is it in?
There's a gold one and a blue one.

Nice shots.

Thanks! The gold one is gone..
nice shots
Thanks DTC.

Nice pics!

That 125th Street is really amazing

Thanks! It is HELL trying to get a photo over there people are clueless and always in the way.
Nice pics!
Thanks!
I meant from left, 3rd-5th and 10th bus.
Orion VI Hybrid
Orion VI.
What a terrible bus that was..

What a terrible bus that was..

The way that the Orion VI was designed was one of the two reasons Orion won't do business with New Jersey Transit. The other reason is the one that is well known throughout the various NYC-area buff circles and landed someone on NJT's payroll in jail for pay-to-play. According to something posted either here or on BusChat, the Orion VI was too heavy for NJDOT's axle loading regulations and Orion wouldn't redesign the bus to accommodate them so NJT rejected and sold them to NYCT. The fourth one in the pic appears to be an ex-NJT unit.

Wonderful pics!:tup:
Thanks Curtis!
Great shots, I saw 8044 on the Q35 today.
Thanks, 8044 been on that route this past week, each day I heard it being reported on the Q35.. Wow.
The way that the Orion VI was designed was one of the two reasons Orion won't do business with New Jersey Transit. The other reason is the one that is well known throughout the various NYC-area buff circles and landed someone on NJT's payroll in jail for pay-to-play. According to something posted either here or on BusChat, the Orion VI was too heavy for NJDOT's axle loading regulations and Orion wouldn't redesign the bus to accommodate them so NJT rejected and sold them to NYCT. The fourth one in the pic appears to be an ex-NJT unit.
Yeah that one is ex-NJT, and I'm somewhat happy that NJT isn't going Orion mode.. I mean soon we will have nearly 2,000 Orion VIIs (OG HEVs, NG HEVs, OG CNGs, NG CNGs). I like Orion but damn that's too many.
Nice stuff from er, Roosevelt Ave and er, Manhattan and/or Bronx, :P!
Thanks!
Excellent pics ECH ;)
Thanks, and Eastchester is always a sad place to visit, it's like a bus cemetary.
Nice photos my favorite is the one of 5046!
Thanks, I'm visiting Brooklyn again tomorrow, looking for some ZF RTSs at Ulmer Park.

Archived