Will The Death Of The (Z) Really Make A Diffrence

DX Local Train

is that why the (Z) hasnt been eliminated yet? i never noticed it existed much...i really think they could kill it off and just run more (J)s Maybe even make use of that express track from Junction to Myrtle. I don't know...does that sound feasible to anyone?

Way back when we had a train called the Broadway-Short line which started at Atlantic Ave or Eastern Parkway and made all local stops to Manhattan. The Jamaica trains ran express from Eastern Parkway to the city. I think the (K) or " KK " made local stops when that service came out. So yes, it is feasible IMO.

yeah i dont think the (Z) was very relevant u barely saw them now u can make all those layed up (Z)'s into (J)'s in service

The (Z) is a (J) train which only runs during the rush hours. The (9) was a (1) train. When you go to pick a job on that line there are (J) line jobs and no (Z) line jobs. In my division there were only (1) line jobs not (9) line jobs

It was designed to decrease the dwell time the train spent in the stations along the route. If you have a station with a heavy passenger load it just backs up all the trains behind it. As that train progresses along the route it spends even more time in each station as riders try to board an already packed train. By skipping stops it allows the following trains to pick up a share of that load and avoid all trains behind the first one being delayed also.

That wouldn't be such a great idea. There are stations along Nassau that contains a seriously high ridership rate. If a (J) train is up in that station picking up customers, the (Z) which would apparently skip the station would be backed up rendering it useless. No matter what, it WILL back up trains.

That wouldn't be such a great idea. There are stations along Nassau that contains a seriously high ridership rate. If a (J) train is up in that station picking up customers, the (Z) which would apparently skip the station would be backed up rendering it useless. No matter what, it WILL back up trains.

The (J) /(Z) combo was made for Queens riders. IMO (J),(M), and (Z) trains should make all stops along Nassau St.

Archived