Hannah Montana aka Miley Cyrus

Shortline Bus

I have a question. Last week at the box office the 'hit' Cable TV show "Hannah Montana' debuted at #1 at the box office. It also ranks as among the best sales for a April movie debut in film history.

In addition Montana star Miley Cyrus recently replaced Britney Spears in poll among teens as America's most popular 'teen' or young adult (under age 25)celebrity. Also the "Hannah' show is already the most popular and most watched program in the history of the Disney Cable TV channel.

Also 'Hanna' repeats on ABC's Saturday Morning is the most popular non-cartoon series on 'free tv.'

I admit i hardly watched "Hannah" but since many of the members on this board are teens can someone please explain why Miley is so popular?This decade's Brintey lol.

Even with her 'adult' aka sexual oriented pics she recently had both in "Vanity Fair' and online.

I must be an old man as i remember Miley's Father, "Billy Ray Cyrus back in the early 1990's as a young star.

I think i still have Billy Ray Cyrus album/cd somewhere in my closset lol.;)

Even more than other young female stars from Beyonce, Kelly Clarkson and others?

Also i may take my nephew to see Hannah if i get 'good reviews' here. Thanks in advance.

My thought... it was good at the first, maybe a rocky start, but she got back up after like 2007 or so. Now: not the "Best of Both Worlds" anymore. Again my opinion and yeah I started watching it around 2006 after that spectacular original High School Musical.

Really, Hannah Montana's songs are childish, Miley Cyrus's are nearly the same, though they are the same person, from the show, with the plot her being Hannah also, made her famous, with her singing, which I do not get at all. I rather listen to P!nk, or Demi Lovato sing than her.

So Ulmer and others why is "Hannah' aka Miley so popular which i still dont understand why? Is it a family thing since maybe the daughters of her Dad Bill Ray oringal fans latching on to her? Feel free to reply?

Or like Britney because she partially blonde?

To replace Britney and be ahead of other young female stars like Beyonce to be the #1 most popular young Female Celebrity in America says something.

As a Teacher Aide/"Sub" Teacher and working at a school a few days a week, just curious since i see many of the teen girls wear or have Hannah stuff from bookbags, etc.

Close this ridiculous thread. This is sad. :tdown:

Hey some Americans like 'medicore talent' in Miley. Eastman i know this is a stupid topic :)lol but i only created this thread because i work for this main reason. I work a few days a week at a high school and middle school as a Teacher Aide and wanted to know from the many teens on the boards why she so popular?

Hey some Americans like 'medicore talent' in Miley. Eastman i know this is a stupid topic :)lol but i only created this thread because i work for this main reason. I work a few days a week at a high school and middle school as a Teacher Aide and wanted to know from the many teens on the boards why she so popular?

No, not many teens, maybe in the age of 6-14, most teens today are into music of like Flo Rida, Fergie, or sort of like that, not like Jonas Brothers or Miley Cyrus, in general, teens today except for the ones that grew up with strict parents, might not like Miley Cyrus.

The only reason kids 3-16 like Hannah Montana is because no one knows talent when they see it anymore these days. I obviously do not watch her show but she is like the Jonas Brothers. Neither have true talent, and the only reason they are immensely popular is because Disney constantly advertises them on their channel. People this age don't know real music when they hear it, and fall trap to Hannah Montana and JB songs and love them. Seriously. Half of the girls in my grade are obsessed with HM and the JB and I'm in the 9th grade already.

So Ulmer and others why is "Hannah' aka Miley so popular which i still dont understand why? Is it a family thing since maybe the daughters of her Dad Bill Ray oringal fans latching on to her? Feel free to reply?

Or like Britney because she partially blonde?

To replace Britney and be ahead of other young female stars like Beyonce to be the #1 most popular young Female Celebrity in America says something.

As a Teacher Aide/"Sub" Teacher and working at a school a few days a week, just curious since i see many of the teen girls wear or have Hannah stuff from bookbags, etc.

Well, it pretty much how they start off their "popstar" life(in general meaning) and plus in 2006 or so, there wasn't a lot of "comedy" shows for children back then, mostly cartoons. So with her making her own show, or whatever came before that, it led to children watching that show. I mean children want to do, and "watch" new things, right?

Yeah, not many teens. I, a 15 year old, rarely watch Disney Channel. I mostly watch stuff like Weather Channel, CNN, History Channel and Discovery.

Well teens these days(even though I'm a teen myself) are watching either:

The N

MTV(I don't think now)

Comedy Central

Ones you put down as well as maybe The Food Network

....um I can't think of anymore

It's just cause Disney got all that money to throw around and just MAKE them popular.

And I don't think teens like this crap. Most teens don't even watch anything on TV anymore. It's the little girls aged 5 to like 12.

@7LineFan: AWWang is just being "funny" like he always does. Aren't you used to it by now? :P

It's just cause Disney got all that money to throw around and just MAKE them popular.

Got that right.

And I don't think teens like this crap. Most teens don't even watch anything on TV anymore. It's the little girls aged 5 to like 12.

I watch two shows on TV. That's it. And one of them only has new episodes like every six months. The other one, Saturdays, just don't know which Saturdays. So yeah, you're pretty much right.

@7LineFan: AWWang is just being "funny" like he always does. Aren't you used to it by now? :P

It's annoying, frankly. Plus, emotions and sarcasm and things like that don't transfer well through this medium. I can't tell whether he's being funny or if, God forbid, he's actually serious.

Guys, guys, guys. Don't mess up a thread like this. If you want to talk about me and my comments, please use PM. I don't care whatever you do in PM. At least stop messing up a thread and this is about Hannah Montana not me!

Otherwise, bottom line is, Miley Cyrus is brought to fame by her Dad and Disney Channel.

I happen to think you're hilarious :( so don't let it get to ya. Some people just cant "read" past text. Plain and simple...

now back on topic. :P everytime a new pop idol comes out I check em out because I have a little sister and 9 times outta 10 they're totally overrated. I need to get my sister hooked on American Idol. I watch that and some of the singers really catch my attention. Let me see if I can remember his name. Phil Lambert? To me this season is all about him. I can't wait to see what he will do next on the show. If Miley really wants to see how she measures up, she should try out for American Idol and face Simon Cowell B)

I happen to think you're hilarious ;) so don't let it get to ya. Some people just cant "read" past text. Plain and simple...

now back on topic. -_- everytime a new pop idol comes out I check em out because I have a little sister and 9 times outta 10 they're totally overrated. I need to get my sister hooked on American Idol. I watch that and some of the singers really catch my attention. Let me see if I can remember his name. Phil Lambert? To me this season is all about him. I can't wait to see what he will do next on the show. If Miley really wants to see how she measures up, she should try out for American Idol and face Simon Cowell :P

Adam Lambert, and people who already had anything kind of involvement with record companies, aren't eligible. So Miley doesn't qualify, I wish she did, so I can see her get pomed by Cowell.

Adam Lambert, and people who already had anything kind of involvement with record companies, aren't eligible. So Miley doesn't qualify, I wish she did, so I can see her get pomed by Cowell.

I am aware of that. But it would still be fun to see her try out. Just randomly walk up to the judges like "tell me how good i am" and start singing.

Archived