B70 via 67 St/Leif Ericson Park

Sea Beach

I was at the park today,and I saw the B70's making a right going on 67 st instead of staying via 8 ave. It made a right on 9 ave,and then another right on Bay Ridge Ave going back to 8 ave. Note: 67 St is a one way street.

Picture0590.jpg

Picture0589.jpg

Enjoy! :P

Nice pix of the B-70 reroute or killing time and traffic, -_-!

Thanks! :P

Nice pics

Why were they rerouting the buses?

Thanks! ;)

I have no clue,I found it stramge because I didnt see any activity going on,on 8 Ave,cars were passing by there. Maybe it was killing time like awwang said?

Thanks! :)

Thanks! :)

I have no clue,I found it stramge because I didnt see any activity going on,on 8 Ave,cars were passing by there. Maybe it was killing time like awwang said?

That's really strange. Buses would reroute if there is an incident or if the traffic is too backed up for normal operating conditions. But then again, anything could happen.

That's really strange. Buses would reroute if there is an incident or if the traffic is too backed up for normal operating conditions. But then again, anything could happen.

but what was also strange was that it was going down a one way street,I thought busses arent allowed to go down a one way street? :eek:

but what was also strange was that it was going down a one way street,I thought busses arent allowed to go down a one way street? :eek:

Nope, hey 6th Avenue is a one-way thoroughfare!

But as we see it, it's not unallowed, but its preferable to stay on a two-laner, I think. I remember once I was on the M14 and 14th Street got closed down. The bus went on a circuitous route, travelling on 16th and 12th for some portions of the route.

Nope, hey 6th Avenue is a one-way thoroughfare!

But as we see it, it's not unallowed, but its preferable to stay on a two-laner, I think. I remember once I was on the M14 and 14th Street got closed down. The bus went on a circuitous route, travelling on 16th and 12th for some portions of the route.

Ohhh I see,so it is allowed.

Ohhh I see,so it is allowed.

Yup it is, there are a few bus routes in Brooklyn that run on one-way streets for a duration of their time. B43 travels SB on Tompkins Av and NB on Throop Ave. B15 travels SB on Marcus Garvey Blvd and NB on Lewis Av.

Don't forget, some turn using one ways!

Archived