G/O stuff from yesterday (04/19/09)!

So I decided to railfan for yesterday's G/O....I didn't take much pics, why b/c someone decided to ratted me out to a cop while railfanning along the Fulton Street Line on the R-40S (A) train. The cop was real polite, but how he apporached me got me defensive. He asked for to see my pics and vids and no it didn't make me delete them. What pissed me off was a nosey ass New Yorker couldn't mind their business. So I couldn't make my vid from Broad Channel to Rockaway-Beach 116th Street after waiting for a Slant for like 45 mins @ 59th Street-Columbus Circle...its only a few pics and vids!

101_8751.jpg

101_8752.jpg

101_8753.jpg

101_8759.jpg

101_8760.jpg

*Bonus!

101_8769.jpg

Videos!

nice shotz mate :P

u got rat becuz of picz?? wtf.. wat station btw?

Thanks and someone told the cops that I was taking pics when I fact I was doing a vid b/w Canal Street-Holland Tunnel and Broadway Junction...I deleted the vids b/c this lady kept yapping her mouth and it was so much scratches on the railfan view window on the Slant!

Sorry that it happened to you but kinda hard not to expect that since the MTA and NYPD have those "if you see something, say something" ads.

It okay....but the person could have asked me what was I doing instead of telling the T/O then he told the cop....but its w/e though. Like I said the cop was polite about the situation!

Nice photographs, as for the running into a person who just doesn't mind own business, I have something to say to him/her "Mind your own business. If you are not interested in what I am doing, then just don't pay attention and mind your own business. It doesn't happen to me often when recording and photographing subways and buses but I just wish they wouldn't look at us like weirdos. They should leave us be. They can ask questions, why not, but don't go telling us not to photograph or record.

Hot pics. I have a question though -

That picture of the FIND for the Manhattan-bound F running on the C line, with stops #8-10... How is it possible for a train to jump from Hoyt-Schermerhorn to Lawrence Street to York Street? As far as I understand, there aren't any crossovers in that area involving the IND Fulton Street, Crosstown and Culver Local lines to the BMT Fourth Avenue line, and vice versa, though I am I aware that Lawrence is directly below Jay. Still, is that move even possible? I'm curious here. Someone please enlighten me. :confused:

Thanks!

Sorry about your pics, but nice stuff for the rest.

Its all good...thanks!

Nice photographs, as for the running into a person who just doesn't mind own business, I have something to say to him/her "Mind your own business. If you are not interested in what I am doing, then just don't pay attention and mind your own business. It doesn't happen to me often when recording and photographing subways and buses but I just wish they wouldn't look at us like weirdos. They should leave us be. They can ask questions, why not, but don't go telling us not to photograph or record.

Thanks and you are so right....if the person came and asked what I was doing....I will be willing to tell them!

Nice pics

Thanks Henry!

Hot pics. I have a question though -

That picture of the FIND for the Manhattan-bound F running on the C line, with stops #8-10... How is it possible for a train to jump from Hoyt-Schermerhorn to Lawrence Street to York Street? As far as I understand, there aren't any crossovers in that area involving the IND Fulton Street, Crosstown and Culver Local lines to the BMT Fourth Avenue line, and vice versa, though I am I aware that Lawrence is directly below Jay. Still, is that move even possible? I'm curious here. Someone please enlighten me. :confused: Thanks!

Thank you and I think they are building a free subway transfer b/w Jay Street-Borough Hall and Lawrence Street-Metro Tech and maybe the wheels didn't synced with the station and some how picked up Lawrence Street staion and I don't know how either. Some of the R-160's need a reprogrammed and/or need more training. It read Lafayette Avenue as Lafayette Street!

Are you talking about the "further stops" thing?

- A

No he's not talking about Further Stops.....Further Stops is usually depending on the line 16-a certain number!

Nice pics. These people are probably misled by the "If you see something, say something" ads and are looking out for photographers instead of actual terrrorists...

Excatly....if its a fight or something on the train, they don't say anything, they sit there and ignore the situation!

Nice pics. These people are probably misled by the "If you see something, say something" ads and are looking out for photographers instead of actual terrrorists...

Like, OMG, our pictures are a threat to civilian life. Yeah mind that, what kind of "terrorist" would actively take pictures of the subways and the buses in the public?

Archived