R160B (G) Train in passenger service 4/18

R32 3838

Don't jump the gun on this. The (G) will continue to remain R46 in its normal service on the weekdays. The R160 8 car will show up on the weekends during the (F) line GO's. Sorry to dissapoint ya'll but those train are converted (F) 160's using the (F) crews. Perhaps in the future we might see a 5 car unit (G) in OPTO service on a regular basis (Crt Sq to Church ?). Got to get all those R46's over to the (A) once all the slants are scrapped. FYI : CBTC coming to the Qns Exp corridor is the primary motivation for TA to be sending the R160 onto the (E)(F).This should in theory increase capacity and improve service out there. B) Yeeeah, riiiight.

:nec: (NJT) :septa:

I c. I knew something was up when I saw 2 R160's on the F going to CI back to back around 10:30-10:45 as I know they be in CI around 11:45-12. I saw them in Queens

i was on one of thise trains when it was going to Euclid!!!

Sorry to dissapoint ya'll but those train are converted (F) 160's using the (F) crews.

I had a feeling 1 of them was to become a G train upon arrival @ Stillwell when I saw 2 back to back Friday night around 10:30-10:40 along Queens Blvd. This sighting supports what I was thinking about to the fullest extent!

i was on one of thise trains when it was going to Euclid!!!

I was not clear on the location I saw them heading CI Bound on friday night. It was between Roosevelt and 71 Ave or 75 Ave

Don't jump the gun on this. The (G) will continue to remain R46 in its normal service on the weekdays. The R160 8 car will show up on the weekends during the (F) line GO's. Sorry to dissapoint ya'll but those train are converted (F) 160's using the (F) crews. Perhaps in the future we might see a 5 car unit (G) in OPTO service on a regular basis (Crt Sq to Church ?). Got to get all those R46's over to the (A) once all the slants are scrapped. FYI : CBTC coming to the Qns Exp corridor is the primary motivation for TA to be sending the R160 onto the (E)(F).This should in theory increase capacity and improve service out there. :P Yeeeah, riiiight.

:nec: (NJT) :septa:

By converted, you mean that the (G) route is programmed to run to C.I using the Culver LCL? (So that the announcements doesn't say "via the (F) line"..)

Archived