Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Rapid Transit TO

Save the Day, April 29th, 2009

I was told last week that there was the possibility of a consist of R9's running in service, open to the public, on the (A) line out to Howard Beach for "Duke Ellington Day" on April 29th. I just searched online, found this article.. Anyone else have any more on this?

Moda Entertainment announces Mayor Bloomberg to declare April 29th Duke Ellington Day in NYC

I would LOVE to see the R1-R9s on my home line. On Wednesday, April 29th, I won't be waiting after school for a Slant on the (A). I will most certainly be waiting for the R1-R9 train. I might even ride it from One end to the other end. Maybe even more than once. I will definitely be getting home late next Wednesday.:):P:cool:(A)

I'll check it out, it would be so cool. But, if it's like 10am starting time and ending around 2pm. Meh, I'd have to shove school out, so I'll probably wait for the run in the summer, B)!

Are you telling me that you are going to cut school in order to hop a ride?

I don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing.

I'll check it out, it would be so cool. But, if it's like 10am starting time and ending around 2pm. Meh, I'd have to shove school out, so I'll probably wait for the run in the summer, B)!

The way I interpret this statement, he's actually not going to skip school. But then again, this is Mr. Wang we're talking about...

Some of my schoolmates who take the (C) from Penn to 86th may see this train, depending on what time it runs, if it runs. Of course they can't ride it though, if it's on the (A)...

No cutting class for trains, kiddies. Go to your classes so you can see all the trains you want in the summer instead of being in summer school.

Anyway, that would be really nice. I'd love to see some official announcements about it, though.

Remember fellas, I work for the NYC Dept of Ed, wouldn't want truancy to be tipped off now would ya B)

What time would the R-1/R-9 end on April 29th? I hope they don't end before 2:45 PM, because then I'd be very upset at not being able to ride the Arnines. But still, I wouldn't skip school just to ride the clanking R1-R9s. I'm an almost straight A student, and I have near-perfect attendance, so to me, it would be too much of a risk to cut school. And I certainly don't want to get temporary hearing loss from the sound of those ancient yet lovable cars. I almost became hard of hearing back in December, when the Nostalgia Train ran... Seriously.

Sounds pretty good to me! I don't think I would make it as I am going to be down in DC til Tuesday and I am not coming back here til around 11 PM or so on Tuesday Night so I have to see how I feel if I am in the mood to wake up in the somewhat early AM hour (7 AM-8 AM) to go to it. If there's a afternoon trip that might work out better for me!